The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should these people get a Pass?

Default Should these people get a Pass?

As we've seen many times past, some tragedy happens, those involved or maybe not so want new laws to regulate what happened. They then testify using a lot of emotion backed by few, if any, facts.

Because of their involvement - Are they entitled to a pass or should they have to deal the same level of truth & fact as those who are on the other side?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Same level of truth... Sorry they got hurt, but using that to play on others emotions is lame.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    As we've seen many times past, some tragedy happens, those involved or maybe not so want new laws to regulate what happened. They then testify using a lot of emotion backed by few, if any, facts.

Because of their involvement - Are they entitled to a pass or should they have to deal the same level of truth & fact as those who are on the other side?
    Pardon my moral relativism, but how about listening and considering objectively while also, respectfully, noting that they may be living a different (and unenviable) truth with the facts that Fate has burdened them with?

As an analogy: The judge and jury must be impartial--the witnesses do not have that luxury, but they are still worth listening to, aren't they?
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Mrs. Giffords is now a modern day James Brady...it is unfortunate/tragic that both had their life permanently altered to become the face of gun legislation...But there must be some admonishment for those who exploit their unfortunate brush with danger to use Brady and Giffords to exploit their agenda, its almost ghoulish how the media has paraded Mrs Giffords and her husband and put them in a no win situation...tragic
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    Pardon my moral relativism,
    Where I come from it's called condoning a liar . There is no Yes, But.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Mrs. Giffords is now a modern day James Brady...it is unfortunate/tragic that both had their life permanently altered to become the face of gun legislation...But there must be some admonishment for those who exploit their unfortunate brush with danger to use Brady and Giffords to exploit their agenda, its almost ghoulish how the media has paraded Mrs Giffords and her husband and put them in a no win situation...tragic
    Actually this was about all the hangers on that have been looking for their 15 seconds - apparently some pro gun guys got on one of the relatives of one of the Newtown deceased for his lies. & it's called heckling by the MSM.

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

That wasn't very nice, Marvin. In fact, rather rude. I do not condone liars, and sometimes there is such a thing as Yes, but.

I'm thinking life is too short and POTUS too frivolous to respond any further than that.
    --Greta Ode

Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    That wasn't very nice, Marvin. In fact, rather rude. I do not condone liars, and sometimes there is such a thing as Yes, but.

I'm thinking life is too short and POTUS too frivolous to respond any further than that.
    Greta - Do I detect a little gender entitlement in your post ?

Marvin S

Greta - Do I detect a little gender entitlement in your post ?
    No.

--Greta
    --Greta Ode

I think the problem lies with the judge and jury, not being impartial. I would be able to listen to all the witnesses and then let facts and not emotion get in the way of my judgement, but at these hearings on gun control the judges are all politicians who are beholding to special interest groups so there is no way they are impartial. Also in a real trial witness statements are often called into question by another witness, called an expert. After all the statements an impartial group makes a dissension based on fact, not emotion.

Terri

Actually this was about all the hangers on that have been looking for their 15 seconds - apparently some pro gun guys got on one of the relatives of one of the Newtown deceased for his lies. & it's called heckling by the MSM.
    Here is a video...see for yourself the "heckling: <rolling eyes> it starts at 15 minutes in the video:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...191804834.html