RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

JAYHAWK RETRIEVER HUNT TEST 6/12 & 6/13

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Angie B 
#1 ·
:?: HEARD THERE WAS SOME UNUSUAL SETUPS IN THE MASTER - ANY COMMENTS?

#2 ·
Jayhawk Ret. HT

:!: Unusual ?
Long, Tight, Retired,Tight Blind requirements, Strong Pencil @ the end.
Very Strong on Attitude by one judge.
Enough Said.

#3 ·
Re: Jayhawk Ret. HT

jmh said:
:!: Unusual ?
Long, Tight, Retired,Tight Blind requirements, Strong Pencil @ the end.
Very Strong on Attitude by one judge.
Enough Said.
Can't say that I agree. Strong attitude by one judge, maybe, but that's the way he is. For once a test was straight forward and everyone knew what was expected. You either did the test or you didn't. No second guessing by the handlers, IMHO. Pick up the marks and do the blinds. No sharp pencils needed. Everyone put themselves out, and if you didn't see that, then you need to work on your technical training. I personally liked it and enjoyed running it. For once judges knew something about bird placement and it's realtionship to the other marks in the test.

Only problem I saw was that the marks and blinds were way to long for the rule book and the hunt test committee should have stepped in. But they didn't and "Oh, Well". It's master, be ready for anything!!!!!

Angie

#4 ·
Oh,,,, I forgot,

The senior test was another story. Let's see,,,,, over-under marks, and then the same concept on water with the under marks line under the arc of the go bird fall. Not to mention a stiff cross wind water blind of 75 yds. Just a little over the top. But I let the judges know how I felt, nicely, cause I like them both. They must have wanted to judge master really, really bad....

Angie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.