The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Empty house.. What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Rnd View Post
    Get a life???? I'm sorry couldn't resist.....I'll put myself in time-out......

I personally could not send my dog "off". But, I have the time, place, and a little knowledge to make a decent duck retriever.

The other option is to train your own dog. NOTHING more rewarding than going through that process. And, there is a myriad of help right here on RTF. I understand that is not an option for many--- I enjoy every aspect of training, with the exception of FF. Very rewarding, and a special bond with your dawg.

Good luck with your pup!
    John Stroh, Lodi ca

There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace…........If one has cut, split, hauled, and piled his own good oak, and let his mind work the while, he will remember much about where the heat comes from, and with a wealth of detail denied to those who spend the weekend in town astride a radiator.

Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by xtrema-2 View Post
    Ouch! Haha, there is only so much ice fishing a guy can do! Plus being in trade school isn't the most exciting ways to spend the days!
    Andrew, I get that, I was just having a little fun... I've always had more than one dog,,,, that helps...

John makes a good point as well..........If you live in southern Ca.-----we don't

However some of us do ice fish (disclaimer-I stole this from another member)

ice fishing.jpg
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA

Clean the house.
    Drink.
    <--- Dooey, MH
    MHR Duckmates Fly Guy MH 05/17/94 - 07/17/08 "Flyboy"
    Candlewood Court Magician JH 1/31/02 - 8/2/12 "Magic Man"

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by xtrema-2 View Post
    Well, our pup Reed has been gone with a pro trainer (He is in Texas while we are home in -40C) for a little over a month and the house is awful quiet. My question is what does everyone do to pass the time when our four legged friends are away?

Andrew
    Buy a puppy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rnd View Post
    Andrew, I get that, I was just having a little fun... I've always had more than one dog,,,, that helps...

John makes a good point as well..........If you live in southern Ca.-----we don't

However some of us do ice fish (disclaimer-I stole this from another member)

ice fishing.jpg
    Where is he fishing?????
    "I love the rod and gun and where they take me."

"Do not judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins."