RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Empty house.. What to do?

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  gdgnyc 
#1 ·
Well, our pup Reed has been gone with a pro trainer (He is in Texas while we are home in -40C) for a little over a month and the house is awful quiet. My question is what does everyone do to pass the time when our four legged friends are away?

Andrew

#2 ·
Hmm... I don't know... I haven't been without a dog in a long time... sorry I couldn't be more help :)

#4 ·
Good idea!

#7 ·
Got Beer? :p

#9 ·
I am there with you. My dogs are in Texas also. Just have one 11 year old hanging out with me in the cold. Not really in the cold as neither one of us likes it at all! The boring days of winter.

What helps me is I call friends who I havn't seen in a while, read RTF posts more than usual and obviously post more than usual. Read more dog magazines helps too.

Thinking about the volunteer animal shelter, working more hours or getting part time side job... Wish I could be more helpful, I will hopefully read more suggestions from this thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.