The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear

Thread: Factory Refurbished Video Cam

Ft. Worth, TX

Default Factory Refurbished Video Cam

During the time my video cam was in for repair, Evan suggested I upgrade to a HD videocam. Has anyone had good luck with buying a factory refurbished videocam from via another vendor? The prices seem to be to good to be true. Like $150 for a refurbished camera as opposed to a new camera costing $450.
    I have never heard of some of the vendors.

Thanks in advance.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson" RIP (5/26/01-6/18/15)
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Kansas City, MO

For anyone considering doing this, as Wayne and I discussed, it is very important to examine the ratings of the seller. You're looking for a combination of feedback score (95-100% positive), and number of transactions. Having only a few transactions with a good rating is not enough for me. I've done very well with used and refurbished a/v equipment shopping this way. But do your homework before buying.

One thing I also look for is who did the refurbishing. I only buy items refurbished by the manufacturer. Good luck!

"Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)