The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dream Team?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    Advance thin film and get out of the dark ages of PV and dump the crystal process. If Ford cars still only had the tech advancment of the Model T the other companies would have ran it out of business as well. Advance or fail is the point.
    No argument here... I think it's a crock how much our own govt has wasted on these type of boondoggles... Even though this one didn't get its money from Obama's stash, I'm sure plenty of local and state public money was lost.

Don't know anything about the technical end of it like you seem to. But they were sure riding high when they came to town. They even built a big building at the local university(Austin Peay State) and started their own degree program to train a workforce... Lots of big plans... Down the drain it seems.
    Bill Davis

I really like Mark Levin..

Prolly wont run,,, but Like the way he thinks...

I work with a guy right now, that harps all the time that voting is a waste of time, because we are all just circlin the drain anyway... He says America is hopeless.

He makes fun of me everyday. Calls me a gun toatin blind Patriot. Calls the Constitution a shriveled up old piece of worthless paper..
    He Hopes for Failer in the United states...

Just a miserable OLD dude..

Gooser
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 02-07-2013 at 09:17 AM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    No argument here... I think it's a crock how much our own govt has wasted on these type of boondoggles... Even though this one didn't get its money from Obama's stash, I'm sure plenty of local and state public money was lost.

Don't know anything about the technical end of it like you seem to. But they were sure riding high when they came to town. They even built a big building at the local university(Austin Peay State) and started their own degree program to train a workforce... Lots of big plans... Down the drain it seems.
    Silicon based plants for PV like this require high amounts of energy to be put into making them, there is a great amount of materials lost as dust when they make the wafers for the panels. New thin films do not have the efficiency of those types but are cheaper and getting better. All of these companies try and jump in but it is cheaper to make overseas for this old tech. We need to invest in the future not the past. Just .02 though.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

I'd like to see a Bobby Jindal x Chris Christie ticket. I think it would be very good for the Republic.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Only way the Dems don't nominate Hillary is if another Obama shows up, which isn't likely.

Look for the GOP to screw it up once again by nominating a "moderate," which they have done in every election since Ronald Reagan left office. They won with Bush, but just barely, and that was against looney tunes Al Gore; every other nomination has been a disaster (yes, including GHWB).

Winning ticket for GOP: Perry/Rubio. Won't happen, but it would decimate Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I'd like to see a Bobby Jindal x Chris Christie ticket. I think it would be very good for the Republic.
    Not sure Jindal would run with a Democrat, though....

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    Silicon based plants for PV like this require high amounts of energy to be put into making them, there is a great amount of materials lost as dust when they make the wafers for the panels. New thin films do not have the efficiency of those types but are cheaper and getting better. All of these companies try and jump in but it is cheaper to make overseas for this old tech. We need to invest in the future not the past. Just .02 though.
    Innovation has always seemed to be what the U.S. does best.

I can recall reading years ago (though the world always changes over time) that the Japanese were not very good at innovation, but they were VERY good at copying stuff with precision and craftsmanship. And, back then, their labor costs were much lower than the US (as China is today). Over time, I think the Japanese culture has changed, and they have probably gotten better at the innovation aspect.

I might theorize that personal freedom encourages innovation ... the freedom to think outside of the box.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dogs4kids View Post
    Not sure Jindal would run with a Democrat, though....
    LOL! I do think that Christie has too many views that are non-conservative. And for all his attempts to act "savvy", he certainly got sucked in by Obama over Sandy. A photo-op just before the election, was NOT a smart thing to begin with. And to think that Obama REALLY would make things happen for NJ was ultimate naivete.

That woman that Obama hugged in his photo-op has seen no cutting of red tape in her situation.

Obama still glad-hands Christie, but there are a LOT of people in NJ who still do NOT have public services. Not to mention that union rules are applying to the reconstruction work in NJ.

Personally, I think Christie has tasted power, and likes it too well.

Jindal/Rubio might be a better match. After that Rubio/Cruz?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Walker/Rubio Thats the ticket.
    Home To

HRCH Bluesky's Rollin Thunder MH
    Bluesky's Hot Bunn's Ellie
    SHR Saddiehawkins of Summer Bird 1998-2011
    SHR Bluesky's Some like em Hot 2009-2010 Left too soon

Carl Rove's ticket because he is a rino.

Chris Christie

Jeb Bush

They could even be switched and he wouldn't care because he gets a 1960's Democrat, little r republican, and a true rino.