Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Loss of a True American Hero-Chris Kyle

Default The Loss of a True American Hero-Chris Kyle

CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

What shame... Killed by someone he was trying to help..
    Bill Davis

Sad that someone needs to be killed for their truck.

I know 2 HC professionals who work daily with the supposed PTSD folks. They say it's a big scam being foisted on the public.

Somethings not right. During WWII folks were drafted, sent to unknown parts of the world for long (sometimes years) stretches with little means of communication, did their job, came home & assimilated into the position they had occupied in society. So what's the difference today. Is it the sympathy card?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

America lost one of the true good guys! How sad for his family and friends.

Thanks for posting this up. I've read his book and he was very uncomfortable with being known a the snipe with the most kills. He said he was just lucky. To make this even worse is that he got out for his family and then in the 2nd book by Marcus Lutrell, two guys tried to rob him at gunpoint at a gas station. He pulled out his gun and shot both of them dead. God speed Mr. Kyle and may God watch over your family.
    Joe Dickerson

R.I.P. 4xGMPR HRCH Hunters Marsh Jack Daniels Bubba Jazz MH
    Call Name: JD

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Sad that someone needs to be killed for their truck.

I know 2 HC professionals who work daily with the supposed PTSD folks. They say it's a big scam being foisted on the public.

Somethings not right. During WWII folks were drafted, sent to unknown parts of the world for long (sometimes years) stretches with little means of communication, did their job, came home & assimilated into the position they had occupied in society. So what's the difference today. Is it the sympathy card?
    Spoken like someone who never had his friends blown apart while he was spared. My Dad and Father in law never spoke of the horrors they witnessed and rest assured, they carried those memories. My FIL's entire squad was killed, how do you suppose that weighed on him ? Pehaps it was the way they were raised back then, holding things in, but I know they and thousands of others would have liked the chance to work through those nightmares.

Pretty callous remark Marv.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Spoken like someone who never had his friends blown apart while he was spared. My Dad and Father in law never spoke of the horrors they witnessed and rest assured, they carried those memories. My FIL's entire squad was killed, how do you suppose that weighed on him ? Pehaps it was the way they were raised back then, holding things in, but I know they and thousands of others would have liked the chance to work through those nightmares.

Pretty callous remark Marv.
    2 uncles & a Dad - 2 in Battle of the Bulge, 1 doing the island thing in the South Pacific - came home, talked little of their adventure - our whole community was drafted during WWII - lost a very good friend in Korea - with a couple of more shot up pretty bad - being a Draft Dodger was not an option in our communities -

Don't ever post to me about not knowing . BTW are you a vet, I am . & born where men were men & proud of it & we served our country so people like you could make sarcastic remarks .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    2 uncles & a Dad - 2 in Battle of the Bulge, 1 doing the island thing in the South Pacific - came home, talked little of their adventure - our whole community was drafted during WWII - lost a very good friend in Korea - with a couple of more shot up pretty bad - being a Draft Dodger was not an option in our communities -

Don't ever post to me about not knowing . BTW are you a vet, I am . & born where men were men & proud of it & we served our country so people like you could make sarcastic remarks .
    Until you have been there, seen it first hand, you don't know Marv. If you have been there and seen those horrors, had friends die in your arms, you wouldn't post that PTSD isn't a real condition and that the horrors of war affect each person in a different way.

Sarcastic my Ass Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Until you have been there, seen it first hand, you don't know Marv. If you have been there and seen those horrors, had friends die in your arms, you wouldn't post that PTSD isn't a real condition and that the horrors of war affect each person in a different way.

Sarcastic my Ass Regards
    Golddogs, did you serve?
    If so, welcome home Brother!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

"Kyle has a forthcoming book, American Gun—A History of the US in Ten Firearms."

I can't read the link with the info posted on this thread so maybe this was in that info. Anyhow just so people know.
    Sounds interesting to me.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~