The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: The Loss of a True American Hero-Chris Kyle

  1. #11
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,432

    Default

    For all the RonPaul fans out there, it looks like your guy stepped in it when commenting on the Chris Kyle death on Twitter...interesting to read the comments that follow

    https://twitter.com/RonPaul/status/298477312876355585
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  2. #12
    Senior Member Jason Glavich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    woodbridge,VA
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    For all the RonPaul fans out there, it looks like your guy stepped in it when commenting on the Chris Kyle death on Twitter...interesting to read the comments that follow

    https://twitter.com/RonPaul/status/298477312876355585
    Kind of a little off to say this.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

    ~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

  3. #13
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,509

    Default

    He who takes captives shall live as a captive
    He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword...

    Do you believe in your Bible?
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  4. #14
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    He who takes captives shall live as a captive
    He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword...

    Do you believe in your Bible?
    I currently use the New American Standard Bible, because it is easier to read than the old King James version...I have been attending church again since the middle of last summer..it has made a remarkable difference in my life..it has made me reexamine those that I call friends and those that I associate with, it has strengthened my relationship with Dana...I like the results...So yes I believe in my Bible
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  5. #15
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I currently use the New American Standard Bible, because it is easier to read than the old King James version...I have been attending church again since the middle of last summer..it has made a remarkable difference in my life..it has made me reexamine those that I call friends and those that I associate with, it has strengthened my relationship with Dana...I like the results...So yes I believe in my Bible
    Good honest answer!

    So, if you believe in your Bible and the teachings of Jesus, then you understand where Dr Paul is coming from.

    How do you think your God will Judge Chris Kyle? As someone who followed his teachings or as something else?
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    422

    Default

    To how Chris Kyle will be judged:

    However the Author of Love, Mercy, and Justice wills. And if He is God's his judgement has already been paid at the cross. Even though I have not killed 160 people, I might well have when being judged on the scale with perfection. It is not how close to perfect you were it is how perfect Christ is.

    To this awful shooting:
    Aurora and newtown- crazy mentally disturbed white dudes kill people with guns. Media says "guns are awful" NRA folks say " if guns are so dangerous why aren't people shot at gun shows and ranges"
    Next month, guess what is in the news, some folks were shot at a gun show,...and then a disturbed white guy shoots two people at a gun range
    Maybe it's a coincidence,

  7. #17
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    To how Chris Kyle will be judged:

    However the Author of Love, Mercy, and Justice wills. And if He is God's his judgement has already been paid at the cross. Even though I have not killed 160 people, I might well have when being judged on the scale with perfection. It is not how close to perfect you were it is how perfect Christ is.

    To this awful shooting:
    Aurora and newtown- crazy mentally disturbed white dudes kill people with guns. Media says "guns are awful" NRA folks say " if guns are so dangerous why aren't people shot at gun shows and ranges"
    Next month, guess what is in the news, some folks were shot at a gun show,...and then a disturbed white guy shoots two people at a gun range
    Maybe it's a coincidence,
    You can't be that dense... he could have shot them in the car, in their home whatever... It wasn't some random guy at a gun range. They took him there. They trusted him. using this to try to prop up an old kook like Ron Paul is sick.
    Bill Davis

  8. #18
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Good honest answer!

    So, if you believe in your Bible and the teachings of Jesus, then you understand where Dr Paul is coming from.

    How do you think your God will Judge Chris Kyle? As someone who followed his teachings or as something else?
    I honestly have no idea what Dr Ron was thinking when he made that tweet, it came across as cruel and heartless and I follow his tweets...I am not enough of a Bible scholar to condemn nor condone where Dr Ron is/was coming from


    as for how God will judge Chris Kyle ? I hope that he judges him like he does my dad..a military man that was asked to do a job and executed that job to the best of his ability...I do not know anything about Mr Kyle's personal life and I am in no position to judge HIM or anyone else for that matter

    That is one of the best things to come out of my attending church..I try now not to judge people, but if their actions or behavior are disgusting, distasteful,or potentially harmful to me or my family and loved ones, I walk away from them...I still have many friends in low places and they are still my friends because they have been good to me and I dont pass judgement on them...I ask the same out of them...I am no choirboy, and do not aspire to be one
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    422

    Default

    From the reports I read he was shot at the gun range by the PTSD sufferer. It wasn't a random guy, but it was another mentally unstable white dude. Correct me if I am wrong but those are the reports. And I am not sayin that to prop RP up. I just think all these shootings so close together is a bit weird.

  10. #20
    Senior Member starjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Good honest answer!

    So, if you believe in your Bible and the teachings of Jesus, then you understand where Dr Paul is coming from.

    How do you think your God will Judge Chris Kyle? As someone who followed his teachings or as something else?
    Dont you think that is between God and Chris

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •