The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Dr. Ron Paul TWEETS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    You calling me Satan?

LOL
    Heil no.Just commenting on the thread in general.

Quote Originally Posted by cripes View Post
    Heil no.Just commenting on the thread in general.
    PUN! lol .........

After reading that tweet I've come to the conclusion that Ron Paul is a piece garbage. Plain and simple. I don't care if he's christian, muslim, or jewish; to say something like that as a pulic figure is beyond what a rational caring person would do. He showed his true colors and his feeling towards our current military personel. These people go and do what they do at the orders of our elected "leaders" and die and have their friends die and some get wounded so bad it's a miracle that they survived. Now even if you disagree with me on this think on this: There's a strong chance that his widow or children will read or hear of this comment shortly after losing their husband/Father. Man, ain't that a "christian" thing to insult someone's loved one shortly after they are murdered.

As to the christian stuff. I think the bible is a work of fiction and for me to be judged by those standards is the equivalent of judging me by muslim standards. I think I'd just as soon give Ron Paul the middle finger to his face than shake his hand. I heard a saying one time that I liked. Something along the lines of "The only thing evil needs to suceed is for good men to do nothing." That piece of crap will get a email from me saying how much of an idiot his is.
    Joe Dickerson

R.I.P. 4xGMPR HRCH Hunters Marsh Jack Daniels Bubba Jazz MH
    Call Name: JD

Quote Originally Posted by Socks View Post
    After reading that tweet I've come to the conclusion that Ron Paul is a piece garbage. Plain and simple. I don't care if he's christian, muslim, or jewish; to say something like that as a pulic figure is beyond what a rational caring person would do. He showed his true colors and his feeling towards our current military personel.
    Amen Joe

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I totally agree, the Vietnam vets were not idolized by any means. The reason is that it was tough for the country to get behind a war that felt pointless to them. I love our soldiers so much that I only want them to fight to defend our country, not take another over.

I have felt that a rise in the PTSD has been due to the fact that we haven't had a "just war" since WW1. Since then the government has been more and more bold forcing our soldiers to strike civilian targets with ground, air, and drone attacks. That has to weigh heavily on our men and women. Our interventionist policy uses our soldiers for political gain under the banner of a war on terror.

I voted for W and McCain, I used to believe war was something that is always needed if the US is involved. But since Afghanistan part two I have rethought our views and realized that we are just starting an endless war in the Middle East. Those folks are all crazy and we are not going to fix things. Here we are supporting rebels in Syria that are burning Christians and their homes to the ground.

All this to say I love our troops, and blindly supporting our leaders while they send our troops into conflicts around the world turns them into mercenaries or martyrs of the statists. I want them to defend our freedom under clear direction of a clear purpose. I would say the biggest attacks on our freedoms are stateside, not in the ME
    ....and you really think there wasn't any PTSD in WWI because it was a "just war"?
    Tom Dorroh

I said rise in PTSD.

Socks, the military overwhelmingly financially supported dr Paul in financial contributions. Here is a term, blowback, look it up. It is a foreign policy term that can be explained by live by the sword/ die by the sword. Paul cares about the military, that's why he cares what conflict they are sent to unlike most of congress who will blindly follow the pres or even worse the UN.

I said rise in PTSD.

Socks, the military overwhelmingly financially supported dr Paul in financial contributions. Here is a term, blowback, look it up. It is a foreign policy term that can be explained by live by the sword/ die by the sword. Paul cares about the military, that's why he cares what conflict they are sent to unlike most of congress who will blindly follow the pres or even worse the UN.
    Even good people can be decieved. You can call it blowback, or mispoken, or even not thinking. I still don't buy it. I still stand by my assessment and still wonder why he even needed to say anything at all. I'm sure Mr. Kyle's family just couldn't wait to hear what he said about their loved one being murdered. I also still stand by my earlier comment that I'd rather give him the bird to his face than shake his hand. And for the record I met a couple of SEALS once and they seemed like nice guys, but I wouldn't walk up to them and say what he said. Do you think he'd have to guts to do that? I don't.
    Joe Dickerson

Yes he would have the guts to quote scripture and question if that was the best way to treat PTSD. I really don't understand why folks are getting riled up about it. And I can tell you didn't look up blowback because it is a foreign policy issue. Take a look at this and learn a little something that isn't in the mainstream media
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=DJLMt...%3DDJLMtRt88ZU

Yes he would have the guts to quote scripture and question if that was the best way to treat PTSD. I really don't understand why folks are getting riled up about it. And I can tell you didn't look up blowback because it is a foreign policy issue. Take a look at this and learn a little something that isn't in the mainstream media
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=DJLMt...%3DDJLMtRt88ZU
    You're right I didn't lookup blowback because I don't think it really matters. Again, why did he have to say anything? Why not condolences, or something along the lines of he served our country, or that he feels for the family. No, he has to go and quote scripture (which I think is ignorant) and use this man death to further his agenda. I seriously doubt he would whould say that to some SEALS and if he did he would be hiding behind that fact that he's old and/or an elected official. In a bar drinking a beer? NO. WAY. Also, from what I've read Mr. Kyle was helping several vets with PTSD by shooting. At least he was trying and not spouting crap out of his mouth. I'm the type that actions speak louder than words. Too bad Mr. Paul doesn't have to the sense to not use his words.

Another thing. Why is it always when someone trys to make a point it goes back don't believe the main stream media? I tend to think for myself and I don't need to be told how to think from the left or the right idiots.
    Joe Dickerson