The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Ron Paul TWEETS!!

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I like Ron Paul and will still like and respect him after this comment(which I might of not said that way). I do not require perfection of folks I respect, just honesty. Call me stupid but the only thing he did was use a bible verse and question The PTSD treatment. America has an idolatry problem with its veterans. I love them, but they are just like me and(since Vietnam) volunteered for their job. It is awful that this man was murdered but no more awful than the kids being murdered in Chicago by gangs or Pakistan by drones
    OK...
    Bill Davis

Wow there are some freaking loons on this board. I mean out of their God forsaken minds loons.
    Franco, you really should go back to posting as your dog because you were much more likable back then. Now every time you post I just wonder if I should ask hard it was to wire up Internet down in that bunker of yours and if you could please release that little boy back to his parents.
    Turning what RP said into a theology discussion is stupid. The outrage isn't about a Bible passage it's because he basically said that the man deserved to die that way and that's a very stupid thing to say.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Wow there are some freaking loons on this board. I mean out of their God forsaken minds loons.
    Franco, you really should go back to posting as your dog because you were much more likable back then. Now every time you post I just wonder if I should ask hard it was to wire up Internet down in that bunker of yours and if you could please release that little boy back to his parents.
    Turning what RP said into a theology discussion is stupid. The outrage isn't about a Bible passage it's because he basically said that the man deserved to die that way and that's a very stupid thing to say.
    Bingo.... Right on the money.
    Bill Davis

Just heard on the news the boy is safe the wacko is dead.

Maybe you should go back to looking at other men's butts!

RP is against war, period. He used a Bible quote to back up what he thinks.

Why is that so hard for the RTF echo chamber to undertsand? He didn't say anything about the man deserving to die. The echo chamber must have a reading disability!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-04-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    America has an idolatry problem with its veterans. I love them, but they are just like me and(since Vietnam) volunteered for their job.
    America has not always loved their veterans. I think of those sent to Vietnam & being spat upon at return. Yet many Americans accept that folks can denigrate veterans & still go on to fame & fortune ie; John Kerry & Hanoi Jane.

IMO, the volunteer service has created a mercenary group, unlike the draftees of the pre-Vietnam era.

Russ - that's one of the funnier posts I've seen made on POTUS, unfortunately it is also one of the more honest ones .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    America has not always loved their veterans. I think of those sent to Vietnam & being spat upon at return. Yet many Americans accept that folks can denigrate veterans & still go on to fame & fortune ie; John Kerry & Hanoi Jane.

IMO, the volunteer service has created a mercenary group, unlike the draftees of the pre-Vietnam era.

Russ - that's one of the funnier posts I've seen made on POTUS, unfortunately it is also one of the more honest ones .
    Like I said on another thread last week, "you aren't capable of recognizing honesty"!

You accused RP of lining his pockets and had nothing, zero, zilich to back it up. You prefer your establishment Repubs. None of your Establishment guys have ever turned down Federal money unlike RP! And, just look at where your guys have gotten us as a nation! No wonder you like living in the past, you know little of the present.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Like I said on another thread last week, "you aren't capable of recognizing honesty"!

You accused RP of lining his pockets and had nothing, zero, zilich to back it up. You prefer your establishment Repubs. None of your Establishment guys have ever turned down Federal money unlike RP! And, just look at where your guys have gotten us as a nation! No wonder you like living in the past, you know little of the present.
    Franco - I know you're searching for something but I think Russ' post is freeeeeking hilarious , . I don't believe I can improve on that .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Of couse you would Marv, you've been out of touch with reality for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

IMO, the volunteer service has created a mercenary group, unlike the draftees of the ..,.
    I totally agree, the Vietnam vets were not idolized by any means. The reason is that it was tough for the country to get behind a war that felt pointless to them. I love our soldiers so much that I only want them to fight to defend our country, not take another over.

I have felt that a rise in the PTSD has been due to the fact that we haven't had a "just war" since WW1. Since then the government has been more and more bold forcing our soldiers to strike civilian targets with ground, air, and drone attacks. That has to weigh heavily on our men and women. Our interventionist policy uses our soldiers for political gain under the banner of a war on terror.

I voted for W and McCain, I used to believe war was something that is always needed if the US is involved. But since Afghanistan part two I have rethought our views and realized that we are just starting an endless war in the Middle East. Those folks are all crazy and we are not going to fix things. Here we are supporting rebels in Syria that are burning Christians and their homes to the ground.

All this to say I love our troops, and blindly supporting our leaders while they send our troops into conflicts around the world turns them into mercenaries or martyrs of the statists. I want them to defend our freedom under clear direction of a clear purpose. I would say the biggest attacks on our freedoms are stateside, not in the ME