The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Ron Paul TWEETS!!

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post

I have felt that a rise in the PTSD has been due to the fact that we haven't had a "just war" since WW1. Since then the government has been more and more bold forcing our soldiers to strike civilian targets with ground, air, and drone attacks. That has to weigh heavily on our men and women. Our interventionist policy uses our soldiers for political gain under the banner of a war on terror.
    Come up with this all on your own? I'm not even going to comment, just want you to read it a couple of times, think about it some more, maybe read it again, then get back to me.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

I totally agree, the Vietnam vets were not idolized by any means. The reason is that it was tough for the country to get behind a war that felt pointless to them. I love our soldiers so much that I only want them to fight to defend our country, not take another over.

I have felt that a rise in the PTSD has been due to the fact that we haven't had a "just war" since WW1. Since then the government has been more and more bold forcing our soldiers to strike civilian targets with ground, air, and drone attacks. That has to weigh heavily on our men and women. Our interventionist policy uses our soldiers for political gain under the banner of a war on terror.

I voted for W and McCain, I used to believe war was something that is always needed if the US is involved. But since Afghanistan part two I have rethought our views and realized that we are just starting an endless war in the Middle East. Those folks are all crazy and we are not going to fix things. Here we are supporting rebels in Syria that are burning Christians and their homes to the ground.

All this to say I love our troops, and blindly supporting our leaders while they send our troops into conflicts around the world turns them into mercenaries or martyrs of the statists. I want them to defend our freedom under clear direction of a clear purpose. I would say the biggest attacks on our freedoms are stateside, not in the ME
    Perhaps you mean WW 2?
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Yeah I thought what I different between our wars now and others. Why is this a new problem? We have killed so many more civilians in ww2 and beyond than we ever did in wars before. If that doesn't weigh on soldiers I don't know what would. We haven't had a clear objective in a war since ww2. If thy doesn't mess with a soldiers mind I must be stupid. Researching has showed me others think the same way and made me feel a bit less crazy although I know some folks are ready to call the looney wagon for me. I believe in the idea of American exceptionalism and believe it should be that way in warfare too. My grandad was a ww2 vet and probably had PTSD. But he used a therapist by the name of Jim beam. We should strive to only put our soldiers in harms way if they will actually be defending our freedom. That is the least we can do

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Perhaps you mean WW 2?
    Perhaps you should look up definition of just war

Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    You start threads and then run when confronted by facts. Or try to be cute and divert attention away from the issue.
    Dont be confused into thinking that when others of your ilk in the echo chamber chortle and join in with your obsfucation that you have made a point.

What you echo chamber denizens cant get through your thick heads is reality. You had yourself convinced that Romney would prevail, because every one in your world thought the same as you did. There is a much bigger world out there than old white men. Obama could have easily been beaten by a decent campaign strategy. But you echo chamber boys aint gonna win another national election until you pull your head out of the sand.

The lack of thought processes and unquestioning acceptance of what you are spoon fed by your chosen media outlets and Party Rhetoric works well in your homogonous echo chamber; but not so much in the real world
    You really dont understand the concept of debating issues and staying on point do you. The Carl Roves and other string puller manipulative types consider non critical thinkers to be putty in their fat little hands. Until we the voting public wake up the Reps & Dems are just going to continue screwing us and the country over for their own special agenda, until we start voting & standing on principal: NOT PARTY AFFILIATION
    Do you roll your own?

I totally agree, the Vietnam vets were not idolized by any means. The reason is that it was tough for the country to get behind a war that felt pointless to them. I love our soldiers so much that I only want them to fight to defend our country, not take another over.
    Mudminnow - In my time in the service (I was in the AF, still remember my MOS & serial number though a long time ago, I have talked to General LeMay. For a 19 YO farm boy that's quite a throat lumper) I shared barracks accomodations with some fairly interesting folks. During Basic 5 guys plus our drill sergeant ended up in the brig for various infractions, that's out of 65 starters. While it got somewhat better during my tour of duty there were still those times when one had to wonder. I was twice sent by bus to pick up folks who had gone AWOL to deliver to Ft Leavenworth, not pleasant to be handcuffed to someone for 2 days on the bus while you are delivering them . So I don't share your enthusiasm for those in uniform. Most of us did our tour of duty, used our GI Bill, been no further burden to our government & went our way. In fact, our education has probably been one of the greater returns the US has gotten for it's buck.

We have a local Vets Memorial here in our little town, recently done including bricks for vets. I put my date of service & branch on my brick but not my name, will not trade on being a vet. But I see folks using that status to benefit themselves. I'm a Legion member, our monthly newsletter has become a grab bag of what can we do for the vets.

I agree that our trip to the ME has been poorly done. Had we stayed in A'stan & finished the job, I think we would be better off. GW's nation building efforts were really a bad move. I could have told him that from the Iranians I had working for me, not a bunch of good news folks. Told my boss if he ever disciplined one of them to be sure he had someone from security there.

But, all in all, I do not see vets as heroes as a group, there were some as there always is but that is an individual thing.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Wow there are some freaking loons on this board. I mean out of their God forsaken minds loons.
    Franco, you really should go back to posting as your dog because you were much more likable back then. Now every time you post I just wonder if I should ask hard it was to wire up Internet down in that bunker of yours and if you could please release that little boy back to his parents.
    Turning what RP said into a theology discussion is stupid. The outrage isn't about a Bible passage it's because he basically said that the man deserved to die that way and that's a very stupid thing to say.
    Nailed it.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    More passive aggressive obfuscation from the Wizard of Wisconscin

What scares you the most? That if you wade into the deep end of the pool your wife may have to run out here and bring you your floaties; or that nobody will recognize her?
    What does my wife have to do with the topic?
    Or anything here for that matter.
    She has never posted here.
    I don't understand your beef with her.
    She is loving, smart, stunningly beautiful and has impeccable taste in men.

You have crossed the line.
    Your post is anything but civil.

Could you possibly control your anger and stay on topic?

Ron Pauls tweet about Chris Kyle's death.
    Last edited by road kill; 02-05-2013 at 07:08 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

It is amazing how a quote from the Bible upsets so-called Christians when it doesn't fit their war agenda.

From yesterday...

As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend's violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. RP
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    It is amazing how a quote from the Bible upsets so-called Christians when it doesn't fit their war agenda.

From yesterday...

As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend's violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies. RP
    As I predicted, back pedaling!
    Stan b & Elvis