The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Sport Combo ?

Default Sport Combo ?

For you guys and gals that use one how is the battery life?I have always used a pro 200 and Flyway.I saw on another post where these are discontinued and do almost everything of the pro 500 without the range.Searched but no answer.Thanks in advance.
    FC AFC Slider/Junie

The collar for the sport combo is the same G3 used for the flyway and pro series transmitors and are rechargable. The transmitor for the sport combo uses a 9v battery and think I might have changed one in a years time with a single dog, before I switched to using the flyway.

As far as discontinuing I think that I had heard the new garmin delta will replace the sport series though all are still available according to the tri-tronics website. I for one will be interested to see how well the delta series collars work, am looking forward to the reviews.
    Last edited by thelast2; 02-04-2013 at 09:39 PM.
    Jesse

HR SHR JR'S GUNNY DOG "ERMEY"
    SR JR'S MARSH MANGLING MINDY
    JR'S LNR THICKET THRASHING TRIXIE

I purchased mine in July 2011 and the battery in the transmitter is still going strong.
    The collar gets charged sporadically when I think about it but has never run out.

I think I've had mine for ~3 yrs now, and it's still good. I was just thinking about that not long ago though...