The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Having Multiple Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    bon and mufb,

respectfully i must say i have never seen a post on rtf that i disagee with more. imho i advise to never, never ever, never, never ever(did i say never),never ever list anyone on registration papers as an owner besides your own dang self.

let's face it, in our lives relationships come and go, people come and go. i don't mind buying a nice house for someone with whom i have been in a long term, serious relationship. but when it comes to my dogs i do nothing that would cast any doubt on total singular ownership by me. i love my wife beyond measure and intend to spend the rest of my life trying each day to please her and grow our relationship. if i die tonight the dogs are hers.......but if'n she rund me off tonight, them is my dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I did this and almost payed for it.She fought for my dog although had no intention on running test or hunting and did not have the income.I finally got a signature but what a mess.All the while aquiring her HRCH.I was a worried mess.Anyhow not to piss on your party but chit happens and especially today.
    FC AFC Slider/Junie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    bon and mufb,

respectfully i must say i have never seen a post on rtf that i disagee with more. imho i advise to never, never ever, never, never ever(did i say never),never ever list anyone on registration papers as an owner besides your own dang self.

let's face it, in our lives relationships come and go, people come and go. i don't mind buying a nice house for someone with whom i have been in a long term, serious relationship. but when it comes to my dogs i do nothing that would cast any doubt on total singular ownership by me. i love my wife beyond measure and intend to spend the rest of my life trying each day to please her and grow our relationship. if i die tonight the dogs are hers.......but if'n she rund me off tonight, them is my dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You may have to be more careful than some others...
    Allen Dillard

HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

Quote Originally Posted by claimsadj View Post
    I have 3 that are actually mine. I like the training whether its with groups or alone. I decided to get a second dog when my first was a little over a year old. I got sick of all the set up time only to run one dog, and back then I trained alone. I've enjoyed the extra dogs, its more work but I'm learning much more this way and they are all turning out to be nice dogs. I say go for it.
    With all the da** dogs this crew is accumulating, we should consider putting some birdboys on the payroll...and get mccallie to pay them.
    Allen Dillard

HRCH Play It Again, Sam MH *** "Sam"
    Scout's High Calibre "Colt"
    Slippin' Up the Holler "Dooley"
    Lucky Number Seven VII "Layla"

Yes I would say get another dog. Nice company for the first one. And it fun with them around. I have 3, one 2yo . 3 yo and 11 yo. I like them around the house.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA

HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI

Metras's Hashtag Mickey

Senior Member Elliott Labradors's Avatar

I was going to make a suggestion..........but realized I'm way to weak to offer any advice at all . I would say that I wouldn't have changed a thing in our situation. When we are training, we take the herd off the trailer, have them sit (unstaked) about 30 feet or so back from the working line in the honor mode (pups excluded until they learn the deal). When we dove hunt out at our farm, we will take 4 of them and put them in that same position....typically by the woods edge in the shade. It makes for an enjoyable hunt....limit or not.

Good luck with whatever decision you make,

Wally

Elliott's Amazing Grace Of Diamond E MH, CGC
    HRCH Elliott's Rockin' Roxy MH30, CGC
    HR Elliott's Carolina Thorne MH, CGC
    Elliott's Dixie Lou MH, CGC
    Elliott's Carolina Duchess MH, CGC
    Elliott's Armbrook Go Tell It On The Mountain JH (3)
    Elliott's Armbrook Lilly Of The Valley SH
    Elliott's Armbrook Set My Soul Afire SH
    Elliott's Armbrook Living By Faith SH

www.ElliottLabradors.com

America would be a different place at sundown if we all started with a devotion at sunup! Wally Elliott