The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dogtra RR

Default Dogtra RR

I have a Dogtra RR with duck call. Over the last few weeks the call has started sounding bad. It is only 2 mo old. Dogtra will fix it but I was wondering if anyone else is having the problem. If alot of people are having this problem I may just have them change it out for a tone to match my others.
    Scott

I've got 4 and have had them for c. 3 months now. I've had a problem with a couple that seem to be spontaneously quacking without being triggered to do so, but I haven't lost sound quality. I'm still trying to narrow down my problem to see which are spontaneously quacking.

Had mine for 3 months and no problems so far.

Don - My RR's started spontaneously quacking this weekend like yourrs are. Any idea what the problem is? I am going to call dogtra today, what have they said to you?
    Scott

It's happended to me once or twice now too?

FWIW, if you are having trouble with the speaker/sound quality after a while it could be due to being placed too close to a loud noise/explosion. Example: too close too MAX5000 or popper loads. I've been told that it is best (for speaker) too use an extension cord and get the Dogtra RR AWAY from any popper/MAX type of lound noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Galloway
    Don - My RR's started spontaneously quacking this weekend like yourrs are. Any idea what the problem is? I am going to call dogtra today, what have they said to you?
    Scott
    What they said initially was that they had never heard of that happening and to send them in. Well, I was reluctant to do that until I had identified exactly which ones are doing that. I also wanted to make sure that I wasn't accidentally hitting the button. I'm not. It's taken awhile to identify them, mainly because I didn't mark the offending ones. So, I started tying a marking tape to each as it did it. Just got number 3 of 4 marked this past weekend, so I am about to call them back (I also need to order 2 more because I am gonna buy two more wingers for my impending birthday. So, not sure what the problem is, but would like it taken care of. I've only had one go off while one of my dogs was making a retrieve from another winger and, fortunately, it was my most experienced dog, so he did not get distracted. It could create a real problem with a younger dog, however. Glad to finally hear that I am not the only one with the problem.

Senior Member Mike Peters-labguy23's Avatar

Anyone ever have the duck qwack come on when you know you didn't touch the remote. It happens to me when I train near a golf course. It never releases it just qwacks. What might be causeing this?
    Thanks,
    Mike Peters

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Peters-labguy23
    Anyone ever have the duck qwack come on when you know you didn't touch the remote.
    Yes. Read the comments above.

Senior Member Mike Peters-labguy23's Avatar

So Don,
    I reread and reread your post and still don't see the cause for the qwacking. Did I miss that? What did Dogtra say?
    Mike Peters