RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Allergies and does anyone know what dog food she can eat

3K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Corey Capozzi 
#1 ·
I have a friend that has a lab that was just tested for allergies as she itches really bad and hair coming out. She's allergic to wheat, turkey, potatoes, oats, duck, and chicken. Does anyone know a brand of dog food without all of these products.

#2 ·
I feed one of the girls with a more sensitive stomach Purina Pro Plan Salmon and Rice. Not sure which that is now with the new formulation, but it used to be the pink bag. Maybe worth taking a look at the rest of the ingredients.

#8 ·
Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain Lamb. My lab was plagued with food allergies and I tried a number of foods including some of the above. He has been GREAT on that food. Don't know if the dog is hunted but some of the "limited ingredient" foods are pretty low on protein but not Sierra Mountain Lamb. Expensive but WORKED for me.
(-:

#9 ·
Natural balance has several limited ingredient formulas. I have a chessie mix with allergies and he does well on NB duck and potato. I know they have some very different proteins like venison and bison but don't remember the carbs they are paired with,but I do recommend the brand.

#12 ·
Eukanuba naturals. They make a salmon & rice and a lamb & rice product. Although I feed Pro Plan, I found the salmon and rice product was too oily so I switched to eukanuba's product.

#15 ·
I have an itchy one, have not tested for specifics but have changed her diet. 1st, was to Taste of the Wild, Lamb. She still itched a lot.
I have now switched her to Premium Edge Skin and Coat Formula- has salmon in it- not sure of all the ingreds, you could check. but-she is doing fabulous and no itching ,and her coat has improved greatly.

#16 ·
I use Blue Buffalo Wilderness the Duck formula. Caused my pup to no longer have sores and much much less scratching

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.