RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

"DUCK DYNASTY" will be featuring 4 Retrievers on the PREMIER episode Feb. 27th

10K views 36 replies 28 participants last post by  B Giese 
#1 ·
"DUCK DYNASTY" will be featuring 4 Retrievers on the PREMIER episode Feb. 27th

Tune in to the Premier episode of A&E's reality TV show "DUCK DYNASTY" on Feb. 27th 2013 at 9:00 p.m. One of the TOP retrievers in the history of the breed will be on there along with 3 other retrievers!!! Here is a little bit about the episode...
http://www.aetv.com/duck-dynasty/episode-guide/season-3#26

#2 ·
I watched Louter poodles at a hunt test in Clinton. They were super cool. Can't wait to see them on the Duck Nasty.

#4 ·
Angie & Rich, so looking forward to seeing it! Of course I would like it even better if I had me a DD hat! LOL
Always a pleasure to see Rich working the poodles.....it's been too long. When are you ever coming up to the border to do some HT stuff? You could always get a Canadian MH on Cooper.....then he would be covered for the whole North American Continent!

Melissa B.

#5 ·
Duck Dynasty is the worst show on the planet.... Well, it runs neck and neck with Survivor... Cool that they will feature dogs tho..

#7 ·
Duck Dynasty is all the rage. Was in Academy Sports yesterday, wife wanted a "Happy Happy Happy" shirt. She does not hunt, but loves the show. There were two other women at the shirt display and they were looking at every DD shirt there. I asked if they hunted ducks, and of course the answer was "No". Maybe at least the show is taking some of the edge off of the anti hunters influence on the women of the USA.

#12 ·
Duck Dynasty is all the rage. Was in Academy Sports yesterday, wife wanted a "Happy Happy Happy" shirt. She does not hunt, but loves the show. There were two other women at the shirt display and they were looking at every DD shirt there. I asked if they hunted ducks, and of course the answer was "No". Maybe at least the show is taking some of the edge off of the anti hunters influence on the women of the USA.
I agree. Stores have loaded up on Duck Commander products as well as Duck Dynasty items like bobble heads and action figurines of the show's characters.

Last year, we booked Jase for a four hour appearence at our Hunting Expo for $3,500. The year before, we had Troy and Jacob Landry for four hours for $3,500. Uncle Si is now getting $16,000. for four hours!

#8 ·
That's SWEET Rich, can't wait to see it!

#9 ·
Our way is always under constant attack.....Like the show or not you can't deny the positive about a hunting family living the lifestyle being mainstream.

Personaly I like it and so does my family. It is one of a very few shows on TV that we can sit down as a family and all watch it together.

#15 ·
I don't have cable so I haven't seen the show. We have Roku/Netflix only.

I have however watched the Robertson's Hunting since way before Phil had grey in his beard.

We were just kids watching them on VHS when Duckmen came out in the 80's. Pop always saying, "I can't believe they get paid to do this, we do this every weekend but if we filmed ourselves everyone would know where we hunt, screw Dat!" LOL!

They were pretty funny then and I imagine 'Ain't much changed'

#17 ·
the difference is there is NO hunting on this show. Except for the staged, tame turkey hunt/shoot that happened once.

At least they are putting some dogs on it this season. The Louters work their butts off to produce good working poodles, we see them a lot in our hunt tests down here.

#16 ·
great show, like stated before people who do not hunt are watching and liking it, my wife's best friend was over talking about it being her favorite show, she has never set foot in the woods.

the show is entertaining and nothing more, hunters tend to get there undies in a bunch about it not being realistic, well no s--- it is a tv. show.

#25 ·
Phil had a little black female in one of the older Duckmen videos. Called her Miss Peggy I believe. Red Dawg used to run that "swamp collie" Chet in several of them too. They had a "Duckmen Kennels" at the end of one of their videos I think.

Yeah, I wouldn't really call it "reality" TV......it's scripted as all get out.......but I still enjoy watching it with my 3 year old. It beats SpongeBob!! :p

#28 ·
Duck Dynasty is a great show, and I have also noticed many non-hunting people that really enjoy it....that can't be a bad thing. I also used to watch Duck Commander on the Outdoor Channel. It was pretty similar to Duck Dynasty but they actually did show some hunting action.

#30 ·
Anybody else wondering how those 4 or 5 guys we see on TV get any calls made and shipped? I can't help but notice the 10,000 SQ FT warehouse we see in overhead shots, and the 200 sq ft the guys hang out in. I'm guessing that behind what we see lies a real factory with real production workers. Facts, anyone?

#31 ·
Warehouse to store all the calls, t-shirts and everything else made in China...:)

#32 ·
There is a black lab doing a retrieve in one of the episodes in season one. Also on the special features disc Jase talks about when he was younger and saw a gator grab one of their dogs when he was retrieving a duck. It is not an informational hunting show that is for sure, but I love it!!

#37 · (Edited)
The old ones were the best! Great video footage and the music drew you in. Chew spitting and going after that deer, times sure have changed! I met Phil one of the first years they had the DU festival up here and bent his ear for 15 mins. Had to be early teens I'm guessing, he shot the breeze with me and answered every question I could come up with and wasn't bothered by me being annoying. Just an overall good guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.