The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "DUCK DYNASTY" will be featuring 4 Retrievers on the PREMIER episode Feb. 27th

Quote Originally Posted by DEDEYE View Post
    Duck Dynasty is the worst show on the planet.... Well, it runs neck and neck with Survivor... Cool that they will feature dogs tho..
    Well.... Aren't we just Happy Happy Happy?
    Brian Skibicki, Richmond Hill Georgia (South Bryan County)

HRCH Ogeechee River's Spur of The Moment MH
    HR Ogeechee River's Midnight Rider

Gunners Up Dealer and User

I think God will have prepared everything for our perfect happiness. If it takes my dog being there [in Heaven], I believe he'll be there. - Rev. Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
    Duck Dynasty is all the rage. Was in Academy Sports yesterday, wife wanted a "Happy Happy Happy" shirt. She does not hunt, but loves the show. There were two other women at the shirt display and they were looking at every DD shirt there. I asked if they hunted ducks, and of course the answer was "No". Maybe at least the show is taking some of the edge off of the anti hunters influence on the women of the USA.
    I agree. Stores have loaded up on Duck Commander products as well as Duck Dynasty items like bobble heads and action figurines of the show's characters.

Last year, we booked Jase for a four hour appearence at our Hunting Expo for $3,500. The year before, we had Troy and Jacob Landry for four hours for $3,500. Uncle Si is now getting $16,000. for four hours!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

I have not seen the show, only the link above and the TV ad for it. But why do you need to not wash for 6 days before you kill a duck? Goofy! And folk have an issue with Chessie stank???? Come On Man!!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I have not seen the show, only the link above and the TV ad for it. But why do you need to not wash for 6 days before you kill a duck? Goofy! And folk have an issue with Chessie stank???? Come On Man!!
    It's "Si"-ence.
    Last edited by road kill; 02-06-2013 at 08:43 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

I don't have cable so I haven't seen the show. We have Roku/Netflix only.

I have however watched the Robertson's Hunting since way before Phil had grey in his beard.

We were just kids watching them on VHS when Duckmen came out in the 80's. Pop always saying, "I can't believe they get paid to do this, we do this every weekend but if we filmed ourselves everyone would know where we hunt, screw Dat!" LOL!

They were pretty funny then and I imagine 'Ain't much changed'

great show, like stated before people who do not hunt are watching and liking it, my wife's best friend was over talking about it being her favorite show, she has never set foot in the woods.

the show is entertaining and nothing more, hunters tend to get there undies in a bunch about it not being realistic, well no s--- it is a tv. show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    I don't have cable so I haven't seen the show. We have Roku/Netflix only.

I have however watched the Robertson's Hunting since way before Phil had grey in his beard.

We were just kids watching them on VHS when Duckmen came out in the 80's. Pop always saying, "I can't believe they get paid to do this, we do this every weekend but if we filmed ourselves everyone would know where we hunt, screw Dat!" LOL!

They were pretty funny then and I imagine 'Ain't much changed'
    the difference is there is NO hunting on this show. Except for the staged, tame turkey hunt/shoot that happened once.

At least they are putting some dogs on it this season. The Louters work their butts off to produce good working poodles, we see them a lot in our hunt tests down here.

I always wondered if they used retrievers when they were hunting. That will be good to see. I've never seen any dogs on the show except for Miss Kay's little dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by jde512 View Post
    I always wondered if they used retrievers when they were hunting. That will be good to see. I've never seen any dogs on the show except for Miss Kay's little dogs.
    Of course they do. Always have.

After this episode, I will no longer be able to say "I've never seen Duck Dynasty". Congratulations on the TV appearance!!
    Mark Land