The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imaginary grenade causes suspension

Default Imaginary grenade causes suspension

7 year old Alex who lives in Colorado has been suspended for throwing an imaginary grenade at an imaginary box. Seems to me that the message that we are sending our children is "don't fight back". I have not had a thought about the conspiracy theory being in our schools until lately. Just seems a little too neatly planned. Most schools now have such a policy.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    7 year old Alex who lives in Colorado has been suspended for throwing an imaginary grenade at an imaginary box. Seems to me that the message that we are sending our children is "don't fight back". I have not had a thought about the conspiracy theory being in our schools until lately. Just seems a little too neatly planned. Most schools now have such a policy.
    The progressives are more concerned about what our kids eat at school than what they learn!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

How do YOU spell indoctrination?

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Do you have a link t the story?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

So sad there are kids all over being suspended for water guns, bubble guns, a piece of paper that looks like a gun etc. Overreaction, but when I called the cops on the 4 kids with a gun at the bus stop they said they would see if they could get someone to check it out. They came the kids hid the gun, waited for the cop to leave and picked it back up, I called and let them know and the kids took off and they couldnt find them. When I asked why not go to there house, they said we didnt get their names.... 4 kids from 12-16 with a gun at a school bus stop, oh and the best part the reason I called was they were shooting it the ground. I just shook my head.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Do you have a link t the story?
    Sorry, I don't have a link. It ( headline ) came up on my Juno home page. The name of the school was the Mary Blair Elementary ( and just Colorado not the town's name ).
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    So sad there are kids all over being suspended for water guns, bubble guns, a piece of paper that looks like a gun etc. Overreaction, but when I called the cops on the 4 kids with a gun at the bus stop they said they would see if they could get someone to check it out. They came the kids hid the gun, waited for the cop to leave and picked it back up, I called and let them know and the kids took off and they couldnt find them. When I asked why not go to there house, they said we didnt get their names.... 4 kids from 12-16 with a gun at a school bus stop, oh and the best part the reason I called was they were shooting it the ground. I just shook my head.
    Your cops sound kind of like some around here. See no evil, hear no evil, etc.
    charly

~Will Rogers~

Here Ya go!!

I am ashamed to say I am a Colorado native.

Just TOTAL B.S.

Gooser

http://www.reporterherald.com/news/l...aginary-weapon
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Here Ya go!!

I am ashamed to say I am a Colorado native.

Just TOTAL B.S.

Gooser

http://www.reporterherald.com/news/l...aginary-weapon
    Don't feel bad We got 'em here to. One of 'em' thought it was horrible that one of our local ranchers/hunters had hung a dead coyote on a barbed wire fence.
    charly

~Will Rogers~