The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: concealed carry and judgeing

Default concealed carry and judgeing

with illinois about to approve to approve cc. if you are judgeing and some one comes up packing, how do you handle it? the way i see it if you see it, they should hide it. if it is in a holster it would be different then it needs to be covered. hrc says only approved guns at the line. i can see how you handle it on private grounds but if you are on state grounds where it's ok how do you tell some one that can't carry when the supreme court says it's ok

There is absolutely no reason for a handler to be carrying a weapon at the line. Lock it and leave it in the truck. If there is any grief call it "exposed training equipment" and say bye-bye.

Quote Originally Posted by pat addis View Post
    with illinois about to approve to approve cc. if you are judgeing and some one comes up packing, how do you handle it? the way i see it if you see it, they should hide it. if it is in a holster it would be different then it needs to be covered. hrc says only approved guns at the line. i can see how you handle it on private grounds but if you are on state grounds where it's ok how do you tell some one that can't carry when the supreme court says it's ok
    Is his a hypothetical question or did someone actually wear a gun to the line?

I CC when at RMRC trial grounds, but when I walk to the line I remove my side arm - I carry rat shot because the place has rattle snakes and I've had enough close encounters on those grounds not want to leave my sidearm in my vehicle. As a judge I could care less if a handler is carrying, I'm there to judge the dog work.
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

As a judge I could care less if a handler is carrying, I'm there to judge the dog work.
    That's the way I look at it too.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    I CC when at RMRC trial grounds, but when I walk to the line I remove my side arm - I carry rat shot because the place has rattle snakes and I've had enough close encounters on those grounds not want to leave my sidearm in my vehicle. As a judge I could care less if a handler is carrying, I'm there to judge the dog work.
    I agree too- judge the dog- but honestly, not sure why anyone needs to pack it to the line! Mine is with me when Im out airing, and in the hotel room, and the truck, but if you dont trust the dog people enough to not pack to the line- perhaps you should take to another sport! (I dont trust the snakes though FOM- if they were an issue at tests where I was too, I'd have it on me also. yuck!)
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Is his a hypothetical question or did someone actually wear a gun to the line?
    no it hasn't happened to me i was just wondering and it isn't that i don't trust people. i think that people at a hunt test are safer than most people

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    As a judge I could care less if a handler is carrying, I'm there to judge the dog work.
    Precisely my view as well. Provided there's no AKC rules or other state laws that would forbid it........I'm not going to worry about it either.
    "If you have watched a pup learning the game, I do not have to tell you what it is like, and if you have not, I probably can't."- Datus Proper

-----------------------------------------------------

TNT Sailors Lil Hurricane Addie ***
    WR Cedars Field Blazing Tucker SH

I feel safer knowing that people are carrying. Just judge the dogs not the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Dogs View Post
    There is absolutely no reason for a handler to be carrying a weapon at the line. Lock it and leave it in the truck. If there is any grief call it "exposed training equipment" and say bye-bye.
    But Bob concealed is concealed. You wouldn't know, and didn't know when handlers were carrying
    i can promise you have never seen me when I was not carrying. I am not alone, I know a number of "our" group that are always armed. The old what you don't know won't hurt you, unless you hurt me...". It is a part of my daily dress and in the 25+ years that it has been so I have never had a single incident and would be no more likely to have any incident while running a dog than I would doing anything else. No big deal.
    Judge the dog work and don't worry about what is in the handlers pants.
    Last edited by badbullgator; 02-06-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke