The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: concealed carry and judgeing

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    I don't recall any rule in HRC or AKC that prevents anyone from carrying a sidearm. Oregon is an open carry state, I fail to see how anyone can impose on my legal right to carry or try and bend hunt test rules to stop me.

/Paul
    Thats what im saying
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them- Thomas Jefferson.

--Quackhunter--

Perhaps those concerned have fallen victim to the "Every rule must have rules to enforce the rule" syndrome???

Ever play kickball with ghost runners? Then there are a dozen ghost-runner rules.

Except in kickball eventually everybody goes home for dinner...
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

I don't see a need to carry it to the line to run a dog. But it is called concealed carry which means you should not be able to know if they are carrying. So if that is the case it is a mute point. Unless it is a gun free zone of course. Just my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by pat addis View Post
    i'm just curious where in my post did i say i didn't trust dog people
    It wasnt specific to anyone. Just generally, the folks at a dog test are 'dog people' so I wouldnt feel enough threat to need to pack my gun to the line. Now, to and from teh grounds, in the motels/parking areas, anywhere else, yeah, but I feel pretty "at home" with the dog folks and wouldnt expect to need it there...
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Quote Originally Posted by thelast2 View Post
    Wow did you really just say that? Why do you think that your safer I mean really? I have carried concealed at the line several times mostly for Bear protection but I dont think it should be an issue as long as there is no safety issue.
    I don't think he was talking anout being safe from bears. But the group of people in close proximiity are a better class for the most part then those that you will run into during your travels to and from the venue

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    The old what you don't know won't hurt you, unless you hurt me...". It is a part of my daily dress and in the 25+ years that it has been so I have never had a single incident and would be no more likely to have any incident while running a dog than I would doing anything else. No big deal. Judge the dog work and don't worry about what is in the handlers pants.
    +1 Exactly, Couldnt have said it any better
    Jesse

HR SHR JR'S GUNNY DOG "ERMEY"
    SR JR'S MARSH MANGLING MINDY
    JR'S LNR THICKET THRASHING TRIXIE

So anyone can get this CC? Do you have to register?pass a test?? mental test??/ or can anyone get the permit? As a contestant in any event, I would not care but then maybe I should care depending on the person??? I just want to be safe and have fun!!!No worries.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lynn Metras View Post
    So anyone can get this CC? Do you have to register?pass a test?? mental test??/ or can anyone get the permit? As a contestant in any event, I would not care but then maybe I should care depending on the person??? I just want to be safe and have fun!!!No worries.
    Depends on what state you live in,and also the county laws...You usually have to go thru about an 6-8 hour class where you also have to prove you are proficient with that weapon, along of course passing the background check federal/state...Some states will recognize other states permits and some will not
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

carry conceal means just that - you can carry , the weapon must be hidden from view AT ALL TIMES .In NY , it is a violation of the law if your weapon is visible ..As far as the rules , nothing comes to mind that CC breaks the rules . HOWEVER ,if in view , it COULD be interpreted as a training device (can you come to the line with your blank pistol in view ?) .And last ,but not least , could that piece of cold steel enter a judge's mind when pencil is in hand ?? Not saying it should regards...
    SEMPER FI . FROM MY COLD , DEAD HANDS .

www.bashakilllabradors.com

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    But Bob concealed is concealed. You wouldn't know, and didn't know when handlers were carrying
    i can promise you have never seen me when I was not carrying. I am not alone, I know a number of "our" group that are always armed. The old what you don't know won't hurt you, unless you hurt me...". It is a part of my daily dress and in the 25+ years that it has been so I have never had a single incident and would be no more likely to have any incident while running a dog than I would doing anything else. No big deal.
    Judge the dog work and don't worry about what is in the handlers pants.
    Well said, when i judge I could care less what the handler is wearing or carrying. I also have a CCW,but dont usually carry to the line but its in a locked truck when not on me. Its about the dog work not the politics !!