The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Franco, what makes Ole Miss so attractive?

Default Hey Franco, what makes Ole Miss so attractive?

You watching this Franco, they must have some world class recruiters there.

Other than a beautiful campus and hot co-eds, their Headcoach is dynamic. A coach with an awesome future and a great recruiter. They landed a lot of #1's at positions.

Freeze was handpicked by Archie Manning.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-future-in-sec

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...iss-recruiting
    Last edited by Franco; 02-06-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Other than a beautiful campus and hot co-eds, their Headcoach is dynamic. A coach with an awesome future and a great recruiter. They landed a lot of #1's at positions.

Freeze was handpicked by Archie Manning.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-future-in-sec
    That makes since. Simple amazing they can draw that type of talent after failing to win one conference game two seasons ago. Must have made one heck of changes in the beauty of the campus and hot co-eds in the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    That makes since. Simple amazing they can draw that type of talent after failing to win one conference game two seasons ago. Must have made one heck of changes in the beauty of the campus and hot co-eds in the last year.

I heard the payroll was increased substantially!!
    Stan b & Elvis

I am sure all of these guys are just big fans of William Faulkner

I've been to 8 or 9 SEC Campuses and the one in Oxford is without a doubt the most attractive. Ole Miss is going to be a force to deal with in the future. They have the coach and now they are getting the players.

In regards to recruiting, LSU didn't do too bad either. I'll be curious where they get ranked by Rivals. They did land the #1 DE in the nation.
    http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index...incart_m-rpt-2

Rivals ranking
    Bama, Flordia LSU are 1, 3 & 5
    http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/

Looks like UGA is going to lose their DC to the NFL
    Last edited by Franco; 02-06-2013 at 03:44 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

mn,

first, the dude with the hunerds is wearing a mississippi state shirt. confusing the two universities is a serious magnolia state mess up.

second, i gotta tell a story. it is 1986 and i am first year cpa at then ernst and whinney of the old "big 8". i have been working 90 hours/wk all through busy season and have just finished a huge audit and bring the working papers to our downtown memphis office. i am sitting at my cubicle doing some admin stuff i see the managing partner walk through the "staff room". i can tell he is looking for someone and i am the only person around. i snap to attention and stand to greet him. he shakes my hand firmly and says, "mccallie, i have a job for you tonight!" i am thinking, "great that's all i need, another 8 billable hours before midnight!" he continues, "tonight you are going to be the official representative of the worldwide public accounting firm, ernst and whinney at the "OLE MISS MOST BEAUTIFUL CONTEST".

"you will take the judges votes and scores, tabulate the totals, compute the placements and complete and seal the announcement card. you will put the card in your audit bag(a very large brief case), go onto the stage with the top five contestants, be introduced, unlock your audit bag and give the card to the show's host. then remain onstage for the presentation of the winner."

to this day i have no idea if the highest scoring young lady actually won or not. i was a very fast and accurate "ten key" adding machine operator in those days. but i am sitting there with five judges handing me scores for 50 ladies in eveningwear and yes, swim suit and my jaw is on the table. i tabulated the entire competition and never took my eyes off that stage. i never had another assignment as a cpa that even compared. UNBELIEVABLE, trust me! as a matter of fact, when the winner kissed me on the cheek i almost enrolled at u of mississippi for a doctorate in accounting.
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    mn,

first, the dude with the hunerds is wearing a mississippi state shirt. confusing the two universities is a serious magnolia state mess up.

second, i gotta tell a story. it is 1986 and i am first year cpa at then ernst and whinney of the old "big 8". i have been working 90 hours/wk all through busy season and have just finished a huge audit and bring the working papers to our downtown memphis office. i am sitting at my cubicle doing some admin stuff i see the managing partner walk through the "staff room". i can tell he is looking for someone and i am the only person around. i snap to attention and stand to greet him. he shakes my hand firmly and says, "mccallie, i have a job for you tonight!" i am thinking, "great that's all i need, another 8 billable hours before midnight!" he continues, "tonight you are going to be the official representative of the worldwide public accounting firm, ernst and whinney at the "OLE MISS MOST BEAUTIFUL CONTEST".

"you will take the judges votes and scores, tabulate the totals, compute the placements and complete and seal the announcement card. you will put the card in your audit bag(a very large brief case), go onto the stage with the top five contestants, be introduced, unlock your audit bag and give the card to the show's host. then remain onstage for the presentation of the winner."

to this day i have no idea if the highest scoring young lady actually won or not. i was a very fast and accurate "ten key" adding machine operator in those days. but i am sitting there with five judges handing me scores for 50 ladies in eveningwear and yes, swim suit and my jaw is on the table. i tabulated the entire competition and never took my eyes off that stage. i never had another assignment as a cpa that even compared. UNBELIEVABLE, trust me! as a matter of fact, when the winner kissed me on the cheek i almost enrolled at u of mississippi for a doctorate in accounting.
    And here I thought you were going to tell a story of going to a Bama game at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium when Eli was QBing.

Good story, hope you got the numbers right.

Having worked in radio all these years, including Rock Radio, I've seen a few women in swimwear

But do you still have your audit bag? They don't make briefcases like those old school Big Whatever audit bags any more.

I watched a show one night while traveling where they ranked the top places for football tailgating. Ole Miss won hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I've been to 8 or 9 SEC Campuses and the one in Oxford is without a doubt the most attractive. Ole Miss is going to be a force to deal with in the future. They have the coach and now they are getting the players.

In regards to recruiting, LSU didn't do too bad either. I'll be curious where they get ranked by Rivals. They did land the #1 DE in the nation.
    http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index...incart_m-rpt-2

Rivals ranking
    Bama, Flordia LSU are 1, 3 & 5
    http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/

Looks like UGA is going to lose their DC to the NFL
    Ole Miss will have their 8-9 win seasons, like in the past, but, a force to be reckoned with? I don't know about that. Freeze will not be there long, one or two good seasons and he will get the offers from the schools with deeper pockets than the Black Bears.