The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Franco, what makes Ole Miss so attractive?

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I believe people will be talking about Ole Miss for the next three years also, heck people still talk about SMU.

Fella, is that the only picture you have? I can find pictures of at least one player on EVERY college football team in the US like this.. If this is your only leg to stand on in this debate, I might would try to make a deal with a pirate. And at least he had it right, Oxford IS the best place I've ever been as well.
    Jake McNeese

"If you ain't first, you're last" - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Jake McNeese View Post
    Lane Kiffin is a tool and doesn't deserve to coach pee wee. Hotty Toddy
    jake, give poor little lane a break. the punk just fired his own daddy, you know he is still upset about it.

mn, kiffin was never a deity at ut. he had a couple of nice recruiting classes and got slapped around. he ran from the sec at his first opportunity.(urban meyer did the same thing) kiffin knew he would never be a man that could compete consistently for an sec title. tennessee is not a second tier program historically in my opinion. they will be back.
    john mccallie

Like who?? Once you have made a head coach in the SEC there is really nowhere else that can and will pay you better besides the NFL. I lived in Oxford for the four glourious years I was a student there and I have been to every SEC campus in the west and east conference. Why would he leave somewhere that they will only pay him more and more if he keeps winning and have 30,000 people worship you like a greek god. If he could pull a rabbit out of his hat and win the west, he would get a ridiculous offer to stay with all the alumni money that would pour in.
    Sorry but if you think Ole Miss can pay the salaries Ala, LSU, Fl, GA and for the most part Ark. you are wrong. Did you say 30,000? LSU and Bama gets those numbers at a spring game. Ole Miss is a great school and beautiful campus and like I said they will get the occasional 9 win season but I dont see them ever beating LSU and Bama in the same season. If it wasnt for some inside deals (not saying illegal) with brothers and friends of recruits already there no one would be talking about the Black Bears. Yes they have some wealthy alum, but not the numbers LSU, Bama and Fla not to mention these schools can pay the top dollars without Alum putting up money. Worry about winning the Egg Bowl not the West

Fella, is that the only picture you have? I can find pictures of at least one player on EVERY college football team in the US like this.. If this is your only leg to stand on in this debate, I might would try to make a deal with a pirate. And at least he had it right, Oxford IS the best place I've ever been as well.
    Look at the photo again, not the hundred dollar bills, not the ring, check out the two homely looking co-eds that would be considered about a 4 on most campuses, that's the evidence, Ole Miss got one of the best recruiting classes in the country using ugly chicks alone? Not possible.

Roseberry in all honesty is Ole Miss a second tier program?
    i refuse to answer on the grounds that my new friend jake may not invite me to his spot in "the grove" at some future game!
    john mccallie

Well I'll start off by saying it's not uncommon for The Ridgerunners to pull a few elite recruits from time to time. I get that they "Turned it around" last year & Johnny Reb is no longer crying. I'm glad to have Ole Miss as a relevant team. Beside it being a rivalry & tradition, there is no reason why Ole Miss should make a game against LSU year after year. They do despite the fact that the superior team resides in The BR. All that said, you're Ole Miss. The same fan base that ran David Cutcliffe out of town for not winning a BCS Champ with Eli. Your team may have a couple good years in a 5 or 6 year span, but there is no staying power. Oxford is nice & the breeding quality is certainly up there. Now enjoy your recruits, the rest of The SEC upper echelon has more than a few. So enjoy your bowl win, watch the replay of the ESPN segment on Ole Miss's past, bring out your fine china in The Grove, have your females get dressed up all pretty like, but @ the end of the day, Hotty Toddy is an afterthought to Geaux Tigers!!!!

That makes since. Simple amazing they can draw that type of talent after failing to win one conference game two seasons ago. Must have made one heck of changes in the beauty of the campus and hot co-eds in the last year.

I would say Missisippi has changed.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

I can find pictures of at least one player on EVERY college football team in the US like this..
    Alright, BYU go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    i refuse to answer on the grounds that my new friend jake may not invite me to his spot in "the grove" at some future game!
    Feel free to answer. As long as you don't have a pile of Alabama gear on when you get there, you are more than welcome in our tent. As to the question, I feel we have been a second tier team for the longest time but I think that will change in the next few years. It wasn't that long ago we came into the season ranked #4 in the nation. Although it was short-lived, it was fun while it lasted.
    Jake McNeese

"If you ain't first, you're last" - Ricky Bobby

Someone needs to explain the ring to me.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."