The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The changing face of PP

Default The changing face of PP

In the last year or so we've seen the tone of PP change. Many are gone and do not post any longer, or only seldom, both from the right and the left. Others post incessantly, many times a day. Somtimes replying to their own OP repeatedly.
    Question is, why? At one time there was debate. Now mostly just carping.
    We are years from any new elections, but candidates are being touted already.

Getting bored regards, JD

PS I'm probably gonna be sorry in the morning that I posted this....but that is the blessing. Ya start a thread, ya can end a thread....JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

JDogger :you bring up a good point..IMO its just a mirror image of what is happening in the country..the lawmakers talk about having a "meaningful debate" or "engage in some dialogue", but in essence no one is willing to compromise, they want to beat their opponent into submission, they think that its the only way to get them to come over to their way of thinking

Same goes on the main board...a newbie comes aboard and asks an innocent open question about training methods, and is then bludgeoned with opinions from every angle, some go so far as to inquire why they would even train the way they do...Short of trying to convince someone to change their Party affiliation, or their religion (if they are so inclined), what makes people think they can change and make a person switch training methods..

In all honesty, has anyone here on POTUS ever been influenced to change their vote, their Party affiliation, the way they train dogs ?

I think people grow weary of the same tired rhetoric and schtick from each of us. We ALL have a certain on line personna,and like many relationships we get bored and become uninteresting to each other...Here we are arguing over the same subjects that we were last year, the results of the election didnt change anyone's mind,the only subject that changes may be that of the top headlines of the day...

I remember when someone suggested that POTUS was nothing more than a "circle jerk" of right wing fanatics....nothing could be further from the truth..there are more liberals or center-left leaning people here on PP than at any other time in my time here

Good subject matter JD...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

JD,
    Much like America, POTUS has changed.

The way things were is gone, we gotta deal with it.

Not being a smart azz........just life.

I learned a long time ago............"nothing lasts forever!"

It might be nice to blame 1 cause, reason or person But I beleive this to be a microcosm of life in general.

PEACE OUT!!!!!

Last edited by road kill; 02-07-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    In the last year or so we've seen the tone of PP change. Many are gone and do not post any longer, or only seldom, both from the right and the left. Others post incessantly, many times a day. Somtimes replying to their own OP repeatedly.
    Question is, why? At one time there was debate. Now mostly just carping.

PS I'm probably gonna be sorry in the morning that I posted this....but that is the blessing. Ya start a thread, ya can end a thread....JD
    I'll ask you - what have you added in the last couple of years?

There have been attempts to enhance the conversation - but those attempts didn't go very far. But what does someone from NM have to add to the conversation any way?

If you read most of the threads on POTUS & the FB threads you will find some very interesting folks. Beauty contest, chinchilla packer & chicken farmer regards .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

What was the question?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    In the last year or so we've seen the tone of PP change. Many are gone and do not post any longer, or only seldom, both from the right and the left. Others post incessantly, many times a day. Somtimes replying to their own OP

That seems reasonable ... if the OP has an interest in the topic, and others then offer comments, that develops a discussion of a topic of interest to the OP. Not everyone will have interest in all the topics introduced.

Question is, why? At one time there was debate.
    I thought that a few of us of the female gender had a good discussion on abortion, both respectful and useful.

Discussion won't necessarily change anyone's mind, but if done rationally, it can give those on each side of an issue some insight and respect for those on the other side.

Now mostly just carping.

carp·ing

[kahr-ping] Show IPAadjective1.characterized by fussy or petulant faultfinding; querulous:carping criticism.

I guess it depends on how one views the complaints of the flaws we see in our environment whether the faultfinding would be considered "petulant" or "fussy".

Why not? Is it not the nature of our system that one has to plan for the future? The general opinion seems to be that the R party is dead. If the Rs don't start examining why they lost in 2012, that could turn out to be correct. The D's certainly haven't stopped campaigning for their next POTUS candidate ... regardless of who it may turn out to be.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I'll ask you - what have you added in the last couple of years?

There have been attempts to enhance the conversation - but those attempts didn't go very far. But what does someone from NM have to add to the conversation any way?

If you read most of the threads on POTUS & the FB threads you will find some very interesting folks. Beauty contest, chinchilla packer & chicken farmer regards .
    Poultry producer to you Marvin S.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    "chicken farmer"............such a slanderous label.
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    "chicken farmer"............such a slanderous label.
    as the saying goes..."you cant make chicken salad out of chicken schiat " and you need a chicken farmer to produce that...

disclaimer : mother worked at a poultry dressing plant, so I have seen my fair share of chickens being plucked
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Growing up organic we would buy 100 white leghorn chicks - unsexed (don't even know if they did that in those days). We would get about 50 pullets & 50 roosters - Eating pan fried spring frier was really neat, my grandma could cook them! In the fall we would take the remainder, usually about 30 - hook them to the clothes line & whack off their heads. When they were bled, into the hot scalding water they went & off came the feathers (one job I got out of as I my hands were too tender to handle the hot feathers), clean, cutup & into the quart jars - close to 60. There is nothing like the gelatin from canned chicken cold . The old hens went to chicken & dumplings.

As I got older used to do the same with pheasants that we spotlited & knocked in the head in the stubble fields - a true delicacy .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!