The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The changing face of PP

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    How far a thead may slide to GDG is well evidenced. Thank you, boys.... I am entertained. The vision of Marvin scooping chicken manure will stay...in fact it will be hard to ignore. Do I need to insert a smiley here??? JD
    Maybe because of the one whom started the thread.

Marvin, I find your condescending tone offensive.
    You get a B in comprehension - no effort at condensation, just a shot of sarcasm

I have bred and raised chickens and a variety of game birds, to include mallards, pheasants, chukar and quail, not to mention pigeons. I have assisted calving and branding many times.
    Thanks for a little effort toward defining yourself - I see a combination of Martha Stewart scattering grain to her flock & the charges of Jack Palance in "City Slickers" .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

A nerd is someone who is passionate about or obsessed with scholarly fields, intellectual activities, and esoteric knowledge. The interests of a nerd could include, but are not limited to the following: mathematics, the sciences, linguistics, and technology.

A geek is someone who is passionate about or obsessed with a specific subject or cultural following, which does not necessarily have to be intellectually-based. The interests of a geek are far more specific than the interests of a nerd, and could include interests that would otherwise be considered interests of a nerd. A geek could be interested in anything; it's the intensity and depth of their interest that "deems" them a geek. Such interests include, but are not limited to theater, culinary arts, music, movies, photography, computers, video games, and much more.

A dork is someone who is socially inept and awkward. A dork does not have to be a nerd or geek to be considered a dork.

By my definitions of the words "nerd" and "geek", the terms are only interchangeable when the interests involved are intellectual. For example, someone who is deeply interested in astronomy could be considered both a nerd and a geek; however, someone who is obsessed with such things as Star Wars could be considered a geek, but cannot be considered a nerd. When social ineptitude is present, then a nerd or geek can also be considered a dork.

Now, I know that there are people out there that have their own definitions of the three words, in some cases even having the exact opposite definitions of "nerd" and "geek", but this is just how I define them.

One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Did they legalize MJ in NM and the PNW?
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Did they legalize MJ in NM and the PNW?
    In a period of realitive political ennui, perhaps playing the dozens can serve to entertain us on PP.

Yo' Mama regards, JD

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ennui
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

In a period of realitive political ennui, perhaps playing the dozens can serve to entertain us on PP.

Yo' Mama regards, JD

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ennui
    Appears I was correct. I wish you would leave my Mother out of this. She is a lady of class and I guess you just answered your question about pp.

I miss alot of the intelligent posters right and left and tonight you remind me of why they left.

Styx, too much time on my hands, regards,
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

In the last year or so we've seen the tone of PP change. Many are gone and do not post any longer, or only seldom, both from the right and the left. Others post incessantly, many times a day. Somtimes replying to their own OP repeatedly.
    Question is, why? At one time there was debate. Now mostly just carping.
    We are years from any new elections, but candidates are being touted already.

Getting bored regards, JD

PS I'm probably gonna be sorry in the morning that I posted this....but that is the blessing. Ya start a thread, ya can end a thread....JD
    For someone who works more than full time, it just isn't in the cards to spend the time necessary to have a discussion. So now I just look in now and then. I don't really even look in on the dog stuff much any more.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    Maybe because of the one whom started the thread.
    Are you sure of who vs. whom? I'm not. Maybe we should consult Marvin, the ultimate arbiter of all grammar and spelling. JD

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    I miss alot of the intelligent posters right and left ,
    That would be who? Specifically please? Try to do better than, "well, not you...." JD

Jeeze, I better post a lot of smilies, JD

That would be who? Specifically please? Try to do better than, "well, not you...." JD

Jeeze, I better post a lot of smilies, JD
    I still think PP is a great read but two I miss are Hew and Yardley. Yardley was scary smart and always seemed to have evidence to back up his points. Our politics were polar opposite but you couldn't help but be impressed by the guy. Hew, very current, very smart, and really had a way with words. I remember when he told someone " You're like a Carl Rove wet dream". I about pi$$ed myself.

Danny
    Last edited by DSO; 02-09-2013 at 10:35 AM.