The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The changing face of PP

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    ....... Others post incessantly, many times a day. Somtimes replying to their own OP repeatedly.....JD
    your bathroom mirror broke?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    A geek is someone who is passionate about or obsessed with a specific subject or cultural following, which does not necessarily have to be intellectually-based. The interests of a geek are far more specific than the interests of a nerd, and could include interests that would otherwise be considered interests of a nerd. A geek could be interested in anything; it's the intensity and depth of their interest that "deems" them a geek. Such interests include, but are not limited to theater, culinary arts, music, movies, photography, computers, video games, DOG TRAINING and much more.
    you left one out!
    john mccallie

Hey You calling me a geek, Mccallie?

Quote Originally Posted by DSO View Post
    I still think PP is a great read but two I miss are Hew and Yardley. Yardley was scary smart and always seemed to have evidence to back up his points. Our politics were polar opposite but you couldn't help but be impressed by the guy. Hew, very current, very smart, and really had a way with words. I remember when he told someone " You're like a Carl Rove wet dream". I about pi$$ed myself.

Danny
    Danny - never confuse verbiage with quality . Some folks on this forum have a much different style than Yardley, his was verbiage squared. I do miss HEW, he was very good at cutting to the quick & making a point without a bushel full of words.

We have some whose presence would help if they visited more often but there is real life. I don't believe anyone here is more scary smart than many others, which would have included Yardley when he used to post - all you have to do is look at the professions represented to realize those folks ain't stupid. I personally read Julie R & the syrup guy for their very sensible posts, realizing they live on the East Coast so don't have a lot of role models for their line of thinking, which makes their posts all the more outstanding.

This place is like a FT, even if your game is above standard someone will have the background to "wipe your eye". For the individual who is used to being the smartest person in the room & desires that title, it's not available on this forum with all the talented folks. Some people leave because they can't stand that level of competition or go into the personal mode as their schtick don't work here .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    For someone who works more than full time, it just isn't in the cards to spend the time necessary to have a discussion. So now I just look in now and then. I don't really even look in on the dog stuff much any more.
    I would only add that there are only a couple of people here who are truly interested in having "a discussion". Most others just seem to want high fives for posting their right wing talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    I would only add that there are only a couple of people here who are truly interested in having "a discussion". Most others just seem to want high fives for posting their right wing talking points.
    Yup, all the leftys (sambo/menmon, murral stark, roger perry, dnf777 to name but a few) were so intellectually superior it is tragic you guys have to be around the unwashed opposing veiw.

You know, there are 2 sides to every thing and just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong.

It's like picking a fight, getting your BUTT kicked then whining about getting picked on.
    My heart bleeds for you.

Put your big boy pants on.

Now, maybe some lefty can respond with an insult about my wife.

(low five)
    Last edited by road kill; 02-12-2013 at 08:03 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    How many threads have you quit on because you were not gaining the upper hand? When you approach it as a competition rather than a discussion there are those who will accomodate you . I for one believe you could add to a serious discussion on some subjects but believe you've failed to do so.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!