The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Dakota HRC

Default Dakota HRC

Any members of the Dakota HRC in Sioux Falls on here? I'm pretty sure I'm going to be joining this club and just looking for a little more info. Been in touch with the club pres via email some but don't want to keep pestering him with little questions through email. How far out of Sioux Falls are your training grounds? I know right now most of the stuff is taking place in doors but got an email that some training will start taking place out doors now.
    Christopher Nemitz

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

Don't do it!!!!!! Those people are CRAZY!!!!

GO DAKOTA!!!!
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!

Shane Olean is a region guy for HRC and he lives down there and is a guy to talk to. Good guy.
    Cody's Gunslingin' Cosmonaut MH (Shooter)

There are lots of good clubs but IMO Dakota HRC is one of the best around. I know they do tons of smaller training days, not the kind that simulate a hunt test, but they go over all kinds of drills and concepts. You can't go wrong with joining. Id also keep emailing the club president, help keeps him on his toes!

Quote Originally Posted by cn44 View Post
    Any members of the Dakota HRC in Sioux Falls on here? I'm pretty sure I'm going to be joining this club and just looking for a little more info. Been in touch with the club pres via email some but don't want to keep pestering him with little questions through email. How far out of Sioux Falls are your training grounds? I know right now most of the stuff is taking place in doors but got an email that some training will start taking place out doors now.
    Hey Chris - Dakota is a great club - not sure who you've been contacting but Sean Rogers is the club president & his email is sean.rogers2@us.army.mil

Don't believe anything Raina, Keith or Troy say all them DHRC'ers are nuts...

FWIW - there will be a club OB training session from 10-11 at the fairgrounds (Old McDonald Building) on Saturday - after that head down I29 about 10 miles for Upland training and/or marks and blinds - come out & make a day of it before this weather hits

Look forward to meeting you!

SMO
    SMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Olean View Post
    Hey Chris - Dakota is a great club - not sure who you've been contacting but Sean Rogers is the club president & his email is sean.rogers2@us.army.mil

Don't believe anything Raina, Keith or Troy say all them DHRC'ers are nuts...

FWIW - there will be a club OB training session from 10-11 at the fairgrounds (Old McDonald Building) on Saturday - after that head down I29 about 10 miles for Upland training and/or marks and blinds - come out & make a day of it before this weather hits

Look forward to meeting you!

SMO
    I've been in contact with Dave Nilsen (listed as the pres on the website). Not sure if I'll be able to make it this weekend or next. But will shoot an email to Sean or check on the facebook group to see what's planned for after that. Don't have my pup yet (March 8th I pick him up) but would like to come check it all out, get to know people, and start helping out with stuff.
    Christopher Nemitz

Yeah - Dave was term limited in December & Sean's taken over since then... Shoot him an email... Also my direct email is shane@smokendakotakennels.com drop me a line - I'll give you my cell & let you know too when things will be happening - we've got members (and family) in Lakefield and Fulda and Worthington & several SW MN towns... We've had training days in that area as well...

SMO
    SMO

You have spoken with Dave and are STILL interested in joining the club???? Wow, you must be nuts too! HAHA. I wish I lived closer to that bunch. They are good people.

GO DAKOTA!

A nicer bunch of folks would be hard to come by!
    APR HR Big Air Buster
    APR HR Crown's Pistol Pete
    Crown's King Gordon
    HR Tiger Mtn's Bodacious Blond
    CPR SHR Lone Tree's Who Wrote the Book?
    CPR SHR Lone Tree's Kimblederry Rose