The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Not a word ...

Default Not a word ...

... about Panetta's testimony on Benghazi today?

The POTUS had said his first order was to "secure our personnel" ... but Panetta says that the order to cross borders was not given, and only the POTUS can do that. Was Panetta supposed to infer the order was given? Should the POTUS have been more specific on crossing the borders?

Without such authorization to cross borders, the only assets that could be committed to aid Benghazi were the reaction force from Tripoli.

It appears that the POTUS went to bed after his initial briefing; and that Panetta never specifically informed Hillary.

Presuming all testimonies were the truth ... if I were a DOS employee almost anywhere I would be heading home.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Here's a link that includes a video of Panetta's testimony
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...zi_700405.html

Panetta said that Obama left operational details, including knowledge of what resources were available to help the Americans under seize, "up to us."In fact, Panetta says that the night of 9/11, he did not communicate with a single person at the White House. The attack resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

Panetta said that, save their 5 o'clock prescheduled meeting with the president the day of September 11, Obama did not call or communicate in anyway with the defense secretary that day. There were no calls about the what was going on in Benghazi. He never called to check-in.
    So, it looks like the buck stops at Panetta? Not sure I can buy that. However, Panetta will be gone now ... and all this will be forgotten by 2016.
    Last edited by Gerry Clinchy; 02-07-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    ... and all this will be forgotten by 2016.
    Count on it. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

2016?? Hell, it's not even acknowledged tonight.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Gerry, I saw that and could not beleive Panetta said it.
    I was going to put something up, but was busy with several hundredother people dischargeing thousand of rounds with our evil weapons.
    Great thread!

But, "at this point does it really matter?"
    Stan b & Elvis

I didnt even hear about it until I listened to a replay of the Mark Levin show late last night..the media including Fox and Drudge dont even seem to care anymore, really shameful that this will go quietly in the night
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Nothing thats going on in this Country now is a major concern! To the Liberal mind that is! It is amazing what the left can get by with.But it's equally apalling that the! Republicans voice is absent except for a few.I guess a person could find plenty of reasons to be disgusted
    with both parties.
    Where is Our common sense gone?

Rand Paul's comments after Penetta testimony.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...ble-87315.html
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Rand Paul's comments after Penetta testimony.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...ble-87315.html
    I like the emboldened red part!!!

Paul, who is considering a 2016 run for president, reiterated the same criticisms he used against Clinton when she testified last month about the attacks. During the hearing, he said he would have fired her for not reading the security requests.

On Thursday, the tea partier doubled-down: “I’m not asking that she read every cable from Bulgaria to Estonia – but Libya was one of the most five dangerous places in the world easily by anybody’s calculation.”

Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I like the emboldened red part!!!
    That was Fox News writing that and not Rand saying that.

Fox is the voice on the NeoCons and not the Libertarians. In fact, that is why they did away with Judge Napolitano's show on Fox Buisness. Judge N is a Libertarian.

The NeoCons and Fox were big advocates for invading Iraq and A'stan. Rand and his father were against it. The NeoCons at Fox refuse to cover anything Libertarian and would rather identify Rand as Tea Party. Libertarians are too critical of Fox News and they can't handle it.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-08-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345