The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 249

Thread: Not a word ...

  1. #201
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,102

    Default

    JD ... to prevent future occurrences, one could start by holding those responsible for malfeasance & incompetence accountable.

    Without the information we are getting from this congressional investigation, we would still not be aware of the extent of the lack of preparedness that existed; the fact that nobody "bothered" to call to the attention of SOS of the serious situation (remember, Hillary, by her testimony, was unaware of the Stevens' requests for additional security); that nobody seemed to remember they needed POTUS to get authorization to use Libyan air space; that they did not get permission from someone (whoever could give it) to use an armed drone to help those fellas.

    If it would take our military 20 hours to get a response team to one of the hottest spots in the ME on the 9-11 anniversary, heads should be rolling at the Pentagon with replacements for those supposedly responsible for such contingency plans. The fact that the UK diplomats and the Red Cross had pulled out of Benghazi might have been a clue that if we were going to allow our diplomats to go there, it might be a very dangerous place, and there should have been preparations in place to protect those diplomats effectively. It would appear that the CIA had an idea of what was going on, didn't they pass along their info to the military? Isn't that how it's supposed to work? What good is CIA info if nobody pays attention to it? (I hope Biden answers the phone when the CIA reports that Iran has their nuclear bomb & mode of delivery for it. He's depending on that, according to the VP debates, but will he answer the phone?)

    Interesting item from National Review
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ro-rioting-too
    That "infamous" video apparently was not even the major item responsible for the US embassy attack in Cairo. Just the day before, the Blind Sheik's son threatened to burn the Cairo embassy:
    On September 10, 2012, the day before rioting at the U.S. embassy in Cairo, an Egyptian weekly, El Fagr, reported that several jihadist organizations, including the Blind Sheik’s group (Gamaat al-Islamia, or the Islamic Group) and al-Qaeda emir Ayman al-Zawahiri’s group (Egyptian Islamic Jihad), were threatening to burn the American embassy in Cairo to the ground. The promised action against the embassy was an effort to extort the release of Abdel Rahman and other jihadists jailed by the United States.

    We know this thanks to the invaluable Raymond Ibrahim — who makes it his business to scour the Arabic press, where Islamic supremacists are actually covered. Ray published a post on it in the PJ Tatler. The post echoes my observation, from back in July, that the Blind Sheik’s son, Abdallah Abdel Rahman, was threatening to raid the U.S. embassy in Cairo and hold our people hostage to coerce his father’s release.


    More significantly, as an alert Bryan Preston notices at PJ Media, Ray’s post the day before the Cairo rioting and Benghazi Massacre dovetails with Stephen Hayes’s latest excellent report on Benghazi. In discussing the CIA’s first round of talking points — later substantially erased under pressure from the State Department and the White House — Steve points out the Agency’s assertion that “on 10 September we warned of social media reports calling for a demonstration in front of the [Cairo] Embassy and that jihadists were threatening to break into the Embassy.”


    Note that neither the Egyptian press report outlined by Ibrahim, nor the CIA report outlined by Hayes, made any mention of the video. The fear was threatened violence from al-Qaeda affiliated jihadists.
    There had been a brief mention of the offending video on Sept. 9 at an Egyptian mosque.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  2. #202
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Or, one could start by implenting plans and strategies to prevent future occurences, and then play kabuki. Which should take precedence, in your opinion? Laying blame? Or fixing the problem?
    The problem is not a new one. It has been with us for a long time and is likely to continue, despite the party that holds sway.
    I understand the dislike of the current POTUS. I am not a fan. The fact that I disagree with many on the right should not be taken as blind loyalty to the current administration. This is not an 'us VS them' conundrum. Those that paint it as such fail to understand the complexities of the global political world as it exists today.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  3. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Ok,quick now...whoops, nobody here but the usual whine fest. How fast can you respond. Please name the four people who died in Bengahzi that night. You just have a minute or so. Your resposes to my questions are time stamped by RTF. You will be judged and held accountable by the quicknest of your response. Sleeping, eating, doing other things are not
    important.

    Look at the time stamp on my post. I'll give you 120 seconds. Then you fail.

    JD
    You could or would not even answer a multiple part question. REMEMBER?????????????????? So why should anyone answer one of your STINKING QUESTIONS?????????????????????????????

  4. #204
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    You could or would not even answer a multiple part question. REMEMBER?????????????????? So why should anyone answer one of your STINKING QUESTIONS?????????????????????????????


    You mean multiple choice don't you? There was only one part....
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  5. #205
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    ..... no one seems to know?......

    gosh it is fun to see you get all flubulated when nobody plays with you
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  6. #206
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Hicks indicates that a plane was found with a pilot who was willing to make the flight.

    Yup, Stingers missing and a whole lot of other stuff. Oops! The policy wonks forgot about that in the haste to get rid of Gadaffi.

    Obama is still trying to "sell" the fact that he used the generic phrase "acts of terror" in his Rose Garden speech. In view of the ensuing narrative about the video, even the MSM is not buying that now. Then he mentioned a testimony on 9/19 describing the Benghazi attack as an act of terrorism. The person who gave that testimony did so when asked by a Congressional inquiry; and that person contends he was disciplined for having done so. On 9/20 the administration then began to back off from the video narrative. They didn't have much choice.

    However, wasn't the UN speech after that, when the video story was again brought up? Although I don't believe that at the UN it was blamed for Benghazi in so many words.
    There was military personell locked and loaded, ready to go get their comrades, but were told to stand down.
    That's GARBAGE!!!
    It is being downplayed, but it doesn't take 20 hours to get from Tripoli to Benghazi.
    People were ready to go!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

  7. #207
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    There was military personell locked and loaded, ready to go get their comrades, but were told to stand down.
    That's GARBAGE!!!
    It is being downplayed, but it doesn't take 20 hours to get from Tripoli to Benghazi.
    People were ready to go!!!!!
    Hicks said nothing of the sort. I've read his testimony twice. " In Tripoli, we had -- the defense attache had persuaded the Libyans to fly their C-130 to Benghazi and wanted to airlift -- we had -- since we had consolidated at the annex, and the Libyan government had now provided us with external security around our facilities, we wanted to send further reinforcements to Benghazi." The further reinforcements were Lt Gibson and his three men that were ordered to secure the Bengazi airport! I don't care for Hillary either but I suggest we stick with the facts and not the misinformation from Hannity! Nowhere in Hicks' testimony did he refer to another plane and pilot other than the one provided by the Libyans. The one to be used to evacuate from the Bengazi airport.
    Last edited by Franco; 05-14-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  8. #208
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Hicks said nothing of the sort. I've read his testimony twice. " In Tripoli, we had -- the defense attache had persuaded the Libyans to fly their C-130 to Benghazi and wanted to airlift -- we had -- since we had consolidated at the annex, and the Libyan government had now provided us with external security around our facilities, we wanted to send further reinforcements to Benghazi." The further reinforcements were Lt Gibson and his three men that were ordered to secure the Bengazi airport! I don't care for Hillary either but I suggest we stick with the facts and not the misinformation from Hannity! Nowhere in Hicks' testimony did he refer to another plane and pilot other than the one provided by the Libyans. The one to be used to evacuate from the Bengazi airport.
    Hicks did say something of the sort, I saw him say it.
    I don't have to prove it to you, nor will I try.
    Others have seen it as well.
    The Colonel commented on Hicks "BALLS!!"


    I suggest we stick with the facts as well.
    You don't get to decide what they are.
    Stan b & Elvis

  9. #209
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    I think you heard what you wanted to hear as there is nothing, zero, zilich about it in his testimony other than what I copied and pasted from it. Feel free to look over his testimony as I posted a word for word link and show us where he said such.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  10. #210
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,134

    Default

    Well, I guess Congress should just fold their tents and go home... Franco has spoken.
    Bill Davis

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •