The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Not a word ...

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Well he either lied when he said this, or he lied when he later said that they didn't find any, either way he lied, there's no way around that, to say otherwise would make one a .............
    This is why it's called Bush Derangement Syndrome...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    This is why it's called Bush Derangement Syndrome...
    Wow, I never thought I would hear you say one bad thing about the guy.

Way to go ABC for blowing this wide open!! Anyone watch the press conference?
    Last edited by mngundog; 05-10-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Was there a cover up of the State Dept's ineptness? Yes, without a doubt!

Where troops in a positin to help, told to stand down as Fox reported? No. Not unless you think the Head of the Joint Chiefs Of Staff lied.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

Where troops in a positin to help, told to stand down as Fox reported? No. Not unless you think the Head of the Joint Chiefs Of Staff lied.
    May have... Starting to look like Petraeus may have changed his story a time or two... Of course they had something to hold over him. Those guys at that level are political animals... They are liable to say anything, especially if their jobs are riding on it.
    Bill Davis

Franco, how do you explain the discrepancy that Gibson had men boarding a plane when he was told that he did not have authorization to proceed?

I would expect that Gibson will have to testify ... he should know who gave him that message. Hicks mentioned which command it came from, but not the particular individual who gave the order.

If both Panetta and Head of JCOS both agreed that no rescue should be attempted (for their reasons stated in testimony), then someone had to tell Gibson to cease and desist from his intended attempt at assistance. That would, by default, indicate that someone had to give a "stand down" order, wouldn't it? I suppose that one could quibble over the semantic differences between "not being authorized" v. "stand down".

It would appear that Gibson, who was closer to the action, felt he could do some good; maybe at least to buy some time for the beseiged so that other assets could arrive. It is possible that someone had already decided that no other assets would be sent, and knew that that could also cost them the men that Gibson would have taken into the action.

When ABC has now released their twelve edits from the administration, giving proof to the "scrubbing" of the talkiing points, it is not out of the realm that HJOCS also lied. I believe it well known that the high levels of the Pentagon can be very political within their hierarchy.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Some forget but I will never forget when politicians are this corrupt! The problems has always been short memories and a promise from the tip of a forked tongue. On the Republican side somebody needs to step out and lead, most are afraid they will become the sacrificial lamb.

uhhhh, give me a history lesson, are we talking petreaus? if so, i think he lied to his own wife. if he lies to his wife i think he would lie to me?

i haven't followed this closely so i may not know who we are talking about and my history is always suspect.
    john mccallie

Gen. Martin Dempsey is Head of the Joint Chiefs Of Staff.

http://news.yahoo.com/factbox-bengha...235831420.html

Gregory Hicks, who was second in command at the embassy in the capital Tripoli during the attacks, gave emotional testimony in Congress on Wednesday, in which he contended that more could have been done to stop the assault. He said a U.S. military aircraft could have been scrambled from Italy in a few hours, contradicting testimony by General Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, that it would have taken 20 hours. Hicks also said that a team of four special forces officers could have been sent from Tripoli but was ordered not to go.

Which one should we believe? Until the investigation is complete, I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Gen. Dempsey.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.