The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Not a word ...

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The second team was ordered to secure the airport for evacuation from Bengazi!"So the plane went. I think it landed in Benghazi around 7:30. The other thing that we did was -- and I -- and I want to mention Jackie Lavesk's name in this hearing. She was our nurse. We initially thought that we would -- that she should go to Benghazi. One of the special forces with Lieutenant Colonel Gibson's team was -- was our last military-trained medic available. He had a broken foot in a cast. I still remember him walking -- walking to go and get in the car with his machine gun, carrying a machine gun on his shoulder.
    Jackie, I -- I -- I refused to allow her to go to Benghazi, because I knew we had wounded coming back. I knew David was severely wounded. And I knew others were wounded as well. And Jackie had just made terrific contacts with a hospital in town. And so, we sent -- we went her -- I sent her to that hospital to start mobilizing their E.R. teams and their doctors to receive our wounded.
    So when the charter flight arrived in Tripoli, we had ambulances at the hospital -- at the -- at the airport waiting. Their doctors were ready and waiting for our wounded to come in, to be brought in to the operating room. And they certainly saved David Oven's leg.
    And they may have very well have saved his life. And they treated our other wounded as well, as if they were their own.
    What a waste of time, you didn't even watch the video.
    Stan b & Elvis

I watched the video. You should read Hicks' testimony, pay attention to the time line and what the two rescue teams rolls' were! Lt Gibson's 3 man team(2nd team) were mad that they had to secure the airport for evacuation!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Franco, I read Hicks' testimony once, so can't claim that my memory is infallible on it ... but it certainly did appear that Gibson and Hicks were both disappointed when Gibson was refused authorization to go to Benghazi with the small response team. Gibson was no young hothead tenderfoot. He must have believed that his small group could be effective. I'd guess it was because Woods and Doherty had proven that even two highly trained military men made a difference in assisting the consulate compound ... saving lives by allowing several to flee to the annex.

Both Hicks and Gibson deserve a lot of credit for using all their ingenuity and contacts with the Libyan govt to put together the pieces for the most successful action of the overall fiasco. The Libyan govt seemed to give them more support than the US govt. If DC has been even a little more pro-active, their efforts might have been even more successful.

Did DC give Hicks high praise for his courage and quick thinking? I haven't seen or heard of that in the news reports.

Is Magaraif now wondering: If these rebels get stronger, will the Obama support me or the rebels. Past track record seems to indicate he has a right to worry.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Franco, I read Hicks' testimony once, so can't claim that my memory is infallible on it ... but it certainly did appear that Gibson and Hicks were both disappointed when Gibson was refused authorization to go to Benghazi with the small response team. Gibson was no young hothead tenderfoot. He must have believed that his small group could be effective. I'd guess it was because Woods and Doherty had proven that even two highly trained military men made a difference in assisting the consulate compound ... saving lives by allowing several to flee to the annex.

Both Hicks and Gibson deserve a lot of credit for using all their ingenuity and contacts with the Libyan govt to put together the pieces for the most successful action of the overall fiasco. The Libyan govt seemed to give them more support than the US govt. If DC has been even a little more pro-active, their efforts might have been even more successful.

Did DC give Hicks high praise for his courage and quick thinking? I haven't seen or heard of that in the news reports.

Is Magaraif now wondering: If these rebels get stronger, will the Obama support me or the rebels. Past track record seems to indicate he has a right to worry.
    Gerry, according to Hicks' testimony, Lt Gibson and his 3 men (Team 2)rescue were in Bengazi. They were ordered to secure the airport for evacuation and were mad they couldn't join the fighting. By the time they arrived, the fighting was over. See page 4 and 8 of Hicks' testimony. From page 8...In Tripoli, we had -- the defense attache had persuaded the Libyans to fly their C-130 to Benghazi and wanted to airlift -- we had -- since we had consolidated at the annex, and the Libyan government had now provided us with external security around our facilities, we wanted to send further reinforcements to Benghazi.
    We determined that Lieutenant Gibson and his team of special forces troops should go. The people in Benghazi had been fighting all night. They were tired. They were exhausted.
    We wanted to make sure the airport was secure for their withdrawal. As Colonel Gibson and his three personnel were -- were getting in the cars, he stopped. And he called them off and said -- told me that he had not been authorized to go. The vehicles had to go because the flight needed to go to Tripoli -- I mean, to Benghazi. Lieutenant Colonel Gibson was furious. I had told him to go bring our people home. That's what he wanted to do -- paid me a very nice compliment. I won't repeat it here.
    Last edited by Franco; 05-14-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Gerry, according to Hicks' testimony, Lt Gibson and his 3 men (Team 2)rescue were in Bengazi. They were ordered to secure the airport for evacuation and were mad they couldn't join the fighting. By the time they arrived, the fighting was over. See page 4 and 8 of Hicks' testimony. From page 8...In Tripoli, we had -- the defense attache had persuaded the Libyans to fly their C-130 to Benghazi and wanted to airlift -- we had -- since we had consolidated at the annex, and the Libyan government had now provided us with external security around our facilities, we wanted to send further reinforcements to Benghazi.
    We determined that Lieutenant Gibson and his team of special forces troops should go. The people in Benghazi had been fighting all night. They were tired. They were exhausted.
    We wanted to make sure the airport was secure for their withdrawal. As Colonel Gibson and his three personnel were -- were getting in the cars, he stopped. And he called them off and said -- told me that he had not been authorized to go. The vehicles had to go because the flight needed to go to Tripoli -- I mean, to Benghazi. Lieutenant Colonel Gibson was furious. I had told him to go bring our people home. That's what he wanted to do -- paid me a very nice compliment. I won't repeat it here.
    Who wound up Franco again. He seems to have his panties in a bunch over the exact details of the incident. When all is said and done the truth will come out. The POTUS will take a black eye on this and it is just the beginning of a lot of abuse the POTUS is going to take. His government is out of control. His department heads have no idea what their subordinates are doing and there is a total lack of leadership at every level. This is what happens when the top dog is lackadaisical or lacks leadership skills.

I think the great orator is going to find out people are tired of jumping on the spear for him and they are going to start talking. Once the rivers flow you can not stop them.

This is just the beginning of the end for the great orator.

My opinion

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    Who wound up Franco again. He seems to have his panties in a bunch over the exact details of the incident . When all is said and done the truth will come out. The POTUS will take a black eye on this and it is just the beginning of a lot of abuse the POTUS is going to take. His government is out of control. His department heads have no idea what their subordinates are doing and there is a total lack of leadership at every level. This is what happens when the top dog is lackadaisical or lacks leadership skills.

I think the great orator is going to find out people are tired of jumping on the spear for him and they are going to start talking. Once the rivers flow you can not stop them.

This is just the beginning of the end for the great orator.

My opinion

Richard
    Richard, details only matter to those concerned with the truth

Richard, details only matter to those concerned with the truth
    Franco, maybe you should call the media, the POTUS, CONGRESS and everyone else and tell them they have it all wrong. WTH were they thinking trying to get to the bottom of this without consulting you?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Franco, I don't know why you have this constant hard on for me, you should get over it.

Of all the MIS-INFORMATION posted here (much by you) I am the only one you are obsessed with.
    Do us both a favor, put me on ignore.
    I have absolutely no inclination to try and substantiate anything with you.

One of the funniest posts I ever saw on RTF was when YOU accused someone of grandstanding!!!!
    Stan, take it as a compliment, it much more entertaining to have a discussion with someone who adds substance to their argument than others who merely rant about how evil the other party is.

I am curious. Did anyone believe susan Rice's yarn that the attack was a spontaneous incident precipitated by a youtube video?? And if so, how long did they believe it?

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I am curious. Did anyone believe susan Rice's yarn that the attack was a spontaneous incident precipitated by a youtube video?? And if so, how long did they believe it?
    Two months before the election, the Administration was going to do everything they could to downplay a terrorist attack. They were still denying that is was an act of terror two weeks after. The even spent money advertising in Pakistan condeming the youtube video! Only once prior to admitting that it was an act of terror did Obama use the term. Romney never called them out on it.