The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hey, Mr. Bora and East Coasters

We've got 33 inches in the yard , the drift in the front yard is up to the bottom of the windows. I put on the 5mm waders for the clean up , warm and dry.7 hours later and 4 tanks of gas for the snow blower and at least I've got my place cleaned up. I haven't seen a plow since 7 P.M. Fri. and it's after 3 P.M. on Sat. now. Hope they can get the roads cleared soon.We still have until Fri. for our late goose season and was hoping to get in one more hunt .

Little somethin' to pass the time for you snow bounds;

Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Walton View Post
    We've got 33 inches in the yard , Hope they can get the roads cleared soon.We still have until Fri. for our late goose season and was hoping to get in one more hunt .
    Sure wouldnt be hard to hide a ground blind in that Good luck, hope for everyones sake that you dont get much more.

P.S. you can send some my way, we have been snow deprived all winter, have about 4 inches maybe in the yard, just keeps melting away and when it does snow seems it is only a couple of inches at a time.
    Jesse

HR SHR JR'S GUNNY DOG "ERMEY"
    SR JR'S MARSH MANGLING MINDY
    JR'S LNR THICKET THRASHING TRIXIE

The Calvary just arrived!!!

__________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)

Just got home for a shower and quick nap then I'm off to the airport that i work at again. We might be open by noon tomorrow. We got drifts of about 20 feet in some areas. Snow piles as high as a Cat 972 will reach. Once we get it piled up we'll be moving it and pushing it in the snow dump with a D-8 dozer for the next week or 2. I'll try to get some pics....
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Videtto View Post

Good thing. Don't think my snowblowblower would work in that. Good luck. thanks for the pics.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Videtto View Post

Our cavalry in the 40's consisted of a Farmall "H" & a Farm hand loader with minimal hydraulics - & we got to do that ourselves - at the least, once a season, oftener when the big blizzards happened. Didn't have to worry about power as there was none. As Justin said below zero for a couple of weeks was not unusual.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Our cavalry in the 40's consisted of a Farmall "H" & a Farm hand loader with minimal hydraulics - & we got to do that ourselves - at the least, once a season, oftener when the big blizzards happened. Didn't have to worry about power as there was none. As Justin said below zero for a couple of weeks was not unusual.

"AAAANNNNNDDDDD.......WE HAD TO WALK UPHILL 2 MILES TO SCHOOL, BOTH WAYS"! Topper regards, Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    "AAAANNNNNDDDDD.......WE HAD TO WALK UPHILL 2 MILES TO SCHOOL, BOTH WAYS"! Topper regards, Paul
    While not uphill, it was 2 miles as country schools were set in the middle of 16 section blocks. Bundle up & away we go, 20 below was not a big deal but any wind was as it could cut right through ones woolies. Only difference was we actually learned something while in school . & you wore mittens not gloves.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

it was up hill both ways for me in the '70's 'cause it was over a small hill, knoll. And for 2 weeks in November every year Dad would drive me over and sit at the bus stop with me, in the truck. I do not think they let folks shoot deer at the school bus stop any longer. It was a simpler time.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin