RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Hey, Mr. Bora and East Coasters

7K views 42 replies 25 participants last post by  Oz1 
#1 ·
Batten down the hatches, I am sending you a gift!!!

Keep us posted...........

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, and scantily clad too ;) Looks like we're not getting the brunt of it. But, we're in good shap, we got plenty of Bora's maple syrup. So, we can have pancakes and waffles while watching it snow. :) (not much more romantic than that! )
BTW, thanks for the gift Stan. :) Glad it wasn't the middle of this week.

#5 ·
I have to gas up the snow blower for some serious action later today! Up to 30 inches of the white stuff predicted!

Thanks for the nice gift Stan!

Chris

#8 ·
All the schools canceled yesterday in advance, town crews are gassed up and ready, people are buying passes to the snowmobile trails, selling milk, water and batteries like crazy and, so far, nothing!!! Forecast had predicted snow all of last night. We could sure use it for the local economy, we'll see...

Good luck to those on the coast.

#9 ·
All the schools canceled yesterday in advance, town crews are gassed up and ready, people are buying passes to the snowmobile trails, selling milk, water and batteries like crazy and, so far, nothing!!! Forecast had predicted snow all of last night. We could sure use it for the local economy, we'll see...

Good luck to those on the coast.
There is no better way to foil the meteorologist.

#10 ·
A couple weeks ago we had -30 degree weather for a few days and that wasn't fun good luck out there and stay safe

#11 ·
Just light snow here but not expecting things to get humming til late today into tomorrow. My area they are saying up to 24 inches and close to 60 mph winds. We are as ready as we can be.

#12 ·
The storm we are getting right I thought they said it was from Texas. Whoever sent it I will be glad when it is gone. It has created a big mess on the roads this am!!:)

Snow Winter Tree Atmospheric phenomenon Branch

#13 ·
Hey Ken

Do you see a spike in syrup sales when a snow storm is predicted? Because I've noticed that whenever the "S" word is used it triggers for many people an urge to make french toast! They flock to the supermarkets in huge numbers to buy milk, eggs and bread usually resulting in those items being sold out.

Apparently snow also causes lower digestive tract illness in women because they buy massive amounts of toilet paper often clearing the shelves.

#14 · (Edited)
This looks to be a bad one. From the weather maps and sattelite imagery I have been monitoring, it looks an awful lot like the "78 storm. Nor'easters are strange; easy to predict when the "festivities" will start, but hard to predict when they will be over.

We did NOT get the period of rain that they predicted, so I'm of the opinion that snowfall totals will tend towrds the upper limit of what has been predicted.

One thing I do know with certainty; this storm cancelled my last day of goose hunting for this season! I'm not happy about that.....

I hope all the RTF community comes thru this one safely! We're as ready as we can be. Genset and snow blower regards!-Paul

P.S.- Stan, next time send Walleye fillets instead, OK?

#15 ·
Here is our noon time in CT! It's not bad yet per the poor weatherman!

#17 ·
I feel your pain. It is 65 degrees and sunny here.

#19 ·
I just read that the Gov of Mass has ordered all cars off the state's roads starting at 4:00. Can they DO that?????

#21 ·
What if you work? Do you mean noone can drive???

Nice pics Chris. And Wayne I am jealous!!:)

Picture of afternoon fun in Watford. We now have a wind warning!:(

Snow Branch Flower Twig Terrestrial animal

#24 ·
The snowblower and i worked thru 18" of wet stuff last night. Looks to be another foot out there now. Thankfully, we have not lost power.

Glad I have A snow rake as they're predicting 45degrees and rain for monday. Gotta get most of it off the roof before then.

I have a long day ahead of me.................

P.S.-Stan, remember! Walleye fillets, not a wall of snow! LOL!!!!!

#25 ·
HA!!!!

You could carve "eyes" into the "walls" of snow!!!

#26 ·
I drifts of 4-5, plus feet. road is not passable! Thats my Murano buried in snow

#27 ·
Weather person on the news just said my area can expect another 10-14 inches of snow before it winds down tonight. Already have over a foot and the drifts are incredible. Took all my strength to push open the door to the airing yard. Poor dogs - the snow is half way up their backs. Oh, well currently have power even though wind is gusting up to 55 mph. Mail delivery has been cancelled for today. Tomorrow will be a better day!!!!:D

#29 ·
Although the snow started here on Friday around 8 AM, by 4:30 PM we only had 3 inches on the table on our back deck. 3 hours later, we had a foot! Paul's holding an 18 inch ruler in this photo:

We cleared the tabletop and shoveled the deck and stairs for the dogs before going to bed.

At 7:30 AM, the Labs woke me up, dancing back and forth from our bedroom to the dog door that let's them out onto the deck. I was quite surprised to see so much snow where we had cleared before bed, that the dog door was blocked.

For once, I was glad to have super sized, super energy Molly bouncing off the walls before my morning coffee! I sent the dogs out by size. I opened the deck door and told Molly to go out and potty. After she happily plowed through the snow, the other dogs had a nice path across the deck and down the stairs.

Our back yard, which is enclosed by a 4 foot fence;

First things first, the deck and stairs are shoveled for the dogs:

The snow stopped here around 10-11 AM, so we had another inch or so after these photos were taken.

#30 ·
It got down to 43 degrees last night in coastal "Sort of Southern California" and listening to the weather reports, you'd think we were having it as bad as all y'all out there on the other coast. Their credibility continues to be suspect. :)

Stay warm, be safe, and remember that a "three dog night" has some real advantages!

p.s.: great photos from everyone!

#31 ·
We've got 33 inches in the yard , the drift in the front yard is up to the bottom of the windows. I put on the 5mm waders for the clean up , warm and dry.7 hours later and 4 tanks of gas for the snow blower and at least I've got my place cleaned up. I haven't seen a plow since 7 P.M. Fri. and it's after 3 P.M. on Sat. now. Hope they can get the roads cleared soon.We still have until Fri. for our late goose season and was hoping to get in one more hunt .

#33 ·
We've got 33 inches in the yard , Hope they can get the roads cleared soon.We still have until Fri. for our late goose season and was hoping to get in one more hunt .
Sure wouldnt be hard to hide a ground blind in that:razz: Good luck, hope for everyones sake that you dont get much more.

P.S. you can send some my way, we have been snow deprived all winter, have about 4 inches maybe in the yard, just keeps melting away and when it does snow seems it is only a couple of inches at a time.

#32 ·
Little somethin' to pass the time for you snow bounds;

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.