The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Benjamin Carson

Default Dr. Benjamin Carson

This is him speaking at the National Prayer Breakfast. If you have a few minutes its well worth a listen.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...n-Front-Of-Him
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

achiro,
    Did you go to Palmer?

Anyways, you would be welcome in my duckblind any day sir!
    Stan b & Elvis

Bravo, Dr. Carson! You can see his passion, his caring, his intelligence, and his love of country, and ALL who live in it.

Do you remember that he was the subject of a TV movie? I think it was called "Caring Hands" that told the story of Carson's life. He became the most respected pediatric neurosurgeon in the world! The movie's centerpiece was his extraordinary skill in finding a way to separate two Siamese twins upon whom no other surgeon in the world would attempt separation. He studied the case for months to "solve the problem" of how to separate the twins and have both survive.

I admit that I was very surprised to hear his very common sense solutions for health care, education and taxation. Many of our politicians and legislators should DEFINITELY listen to his ideas. His ideas could really make an impact on coalescing "universal health care access" with individual responsibility. His mother must be SO proud of this fine man.

Thanks, achiro, for sending this. I recommended it on Facebook
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    achiro,
    Did you go to Palmer?

Anyways, you would be welcome in my duckblind any day sir!
    Achiro(Russ) would be welcome in my duckblind too, but I am afraid he would wear that damn OU hat
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Anybody else notice that Obama didn't clap (or even smile) once. Just sat there with that smug, condescending look on his face. I don't think he liked what the good doctor had to say.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Anybody else notice that Obama didn't clap (or even smile) once. Just sat there with that smug, condescending look on his face. I don't think he liked what the good doctor had to say.
    Yes, he doesn't like it when mere mortals deign to insult his big government programs with common sense ideas.
    Bill Davis

I did see him smile at a couple of the jokes, but he did look pretty bored most of the time.

Carson also hit on the point of legislators being from more varied walks of life. That would be consistent with what appears to have been the intent of the Founders ... individuals serving in govt, and then returning to their working lives; not career politicians.That would be how the lawmakers would keep in touch with their constiuencies so that the govt would actually reflect the needs of the consituents.

Very pointed comments, as well, on the dumbing down of our public education system ... and the improvement shown when poorer schools were provided with libraries. Great idea for the trophies that go along with the scholarships that are provided ... and allowing students to "bank" the prize money for the awards to save for their own college educations.

I was impressed with Carson's passion and general command of the audience.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Looks like Obama gave him the old middle finger nose scratch he likes to do... right at the very start of the Dr's speech.
    Bill Davis

I see how you guys are, invites to the duck blind AFTER season is over.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    He is royalty in his own mind. His attitude has always been that way. I still can't understand why people can't see this. His own sense of entitlement and arrogance is plain for all to see.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~