The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Have We Heard This Before??

Default When Have We Heard This Before??

Obama says he will focus on 'job creation'
    Published: Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:30 PM

LEESBURG, Va., Feb. 7 (UPI) -- LEESBURG, Va., Feb. 7 (UPI) -- U.S. President Barack Obama told House Democrats Thursday his State of the Union address will focus on job creation, education and energy independence.

Speaking at the House Democratic Issues Conference in Leesburg, Va., the president repeated a theme from his 2012 re-election campaign, that "our economy succeeds and our economy grows when everybody is getting a fair shot and everybody is getting a fair shake and everybody is playing by the same rules."

"Because I believe that is a growth agenda -- not just an equity agenda, not just a fairness agenda -- that is a growth agenda," he said.

"And that means that what you'll hear from me next week, I'm going to be talking about making sure that we're focused on job creation here in the United States of America," Obama said.

The president told House Democrats a balanced approach to fixing the debt will require making "our healthcare programs work better and make them more efficient, and we can cut our programs that we don't need."

"But it also means that we've got to be able to close some tax loopholes and deductions that the average American cannot take advantage of, to raise the revenue to actually do the job in a way that allows us to continue to grow," he said.

Obama said he welcomed an argument "in the court of public opinion" over Republican proposals he characterized as cutting Social Security and Medicare, but not closing "a single loophole" or raising "additional revenue from the wealthiest Americans or corporations who have a lot of lawyers and accountants who are able to maneuver and manage and work and game the system."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/...#ixzz2KLDKUIpp
    Bill Davis

I guess he wasn't listening too carefully to Dr. Carson?

Jobs ... the Business Council was disbanded & all the "shovel-ready" jobs are done now. I hope there are some new ideas.

Energy ... the XL Pipeline is still on hold; the licenses for NG ports are waiting to be approved. Maybe he's located John Galt's engine?

Education ... maybe he could start by letting DC have its school vouchers back?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

A laserlike focus! What a joke! What really bothers me is there are many people hurting badly financially and This Administration is just playing the same sad rhetoric!

But he is going to make sure it's FAIR and everyone is playing by the same rules...
    Bill Davis

I predict he will talk about building roads, bridges, and highways...too bad I have to work that night and will miss the speech (insert major sarcasm smiley), I think my recorder is already set to record Grey's Anatomy that night
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

This is the set up for new taxes and/or and spending package.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I predict he will talk about building roads, bridges, and highways...too bad I have to work that night and will miss the speech (insert major sarcasm smiley), I think my recorder is already set to record Grey's Anatomy that night
    Bon, you beat me to the roads and bridges comment. Don't forget teachers, fire and police.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

And don't forget the other sacred cow he'll trot out, "our children". Yes, let's throw more money at education and further dumb it down to accomodate the ever multiplying masses of the lowest common denominator.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Yep, that too.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    And don't forget the other sacred cow he'll trot out, "our children". Yes, let's throw more money at education and further dumb it down to accomodate the ever multiplying masses of the lowest common denominator.
    You hit the nail on the head here Julie with your "ever multiplying masses of the lowest common denominator"
    Our govts social engineering has for generations encouraged the unfittest to go forth and multiply; while at the same time made it so those who we would desire to repopulate the planet cant afford it due to the burdens placed upon them to support the unfittest spawn.
    Even the dumbest backyard breeder can tell you that just isn't sustainable long term for any "breed" or species