The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lassen Retriever Club

yup he won both

Congratulations to a true Amateur Chris Hatch who won the Open and won the Amateur with his FC/AFC Tealcreek Patton's Saber.

Not only was this a DOUBLE HEADER, Saber now has 100 all-age points and is qualified to run the 2013 National Amateur. Chris and Saber, what a team !

Saber's good friend FC/AFC Flyway's Ruby B. Gonia got a 3rd in the Amateur at this trial.

The trial ran smoothly, the tests in all stakes were good ones, and the judges were superb to work with. No rain, the sun was out, but we had some very strong winds which made the tests much more difficult -- especially those cross-wind blinds.

I just got home from the trial so am a bit late to put up the results on EE. I will do that now.

Helen Graves, Field Trial Secretary

Congrats to Chris Hatch on the Double Header..it doesnt surprise me that Saber is at 100 AA points, but it does surprise me that he isnt in the conversation when people ask about a possible stud choice or even as a favorite to win a National

Congrats to Saber along with Chris on an outstanding ongoing career
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Congrats to Chris Hatch on the Double Header..it doesnt surprise me that Saber is at 100 AA points, but it does surprise me that he isnt in the conversation when people ask about a possible stud choice or even as a favorite to win a National

Congrats to Saber along with Chris on an outstanding ongoing career
    Bon,

Saber is an EIC carrier. There seems to be a stigma about being a carrier which means the field performance qualities of an EIC carrier stud dog is being overlooked. Saber is a PROVEN PRODUCER and comes from proven lines (son of Patton, etc.) We chose to bred to him back in 2008 before EIC was a topic of conversation and before the EIC test was available.

We got an outstanding litter breeding to Saber. Five on the 2010 Derby list; one did not run Derby. He ran hunt tests and got his MH title before age 2 yrs. then he started running trials and has his all age win. Until last weekend, 5 of those Saber pups were knocking on the door to get their AFC titles. Bobby got his AFC title a week ago. That means the other 4 Saber pups are still knocking on the door for their AFC titles.

Saber has qualified for a handful of National Amateurs and National Opens. He was a National Amateur FINALIST in 2011.

I hope the EIC carrier stigma goes away as Saber and other EIC carriers are not being used. Breeders with EIC clear bitches can use these talented carrier stud dogs. The gene pool needs them.

My 2-cents,
    Helen

Results for the Lassen Ret Club field trial are posted on Entry Express. Congratulations to all. Thank you to all who entered. It was a great sunny (but windy) weekend.

Helen Graves, F.T. Secretary
    Don's girls:
    FC AFC Flyway's Ruby B. Gonia - a Carbon daughter and now a grandma (my avatar)
    AFC Flyway's Long Tall Sally - Ruby's daughter
    Flyway's Iron Lady (Maggie) - Ruby's granddaughter. Maggie's the new puppy in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Congratulations to a true Amateur Chris Hatch who won the Open and won the Amateur with his FC/AFC Tealcreek Patton's Saber.

Not only was this a DOUBLE HEADER, Saber now has 100 all-age points and is qualified to run the 2013 National Amateur. Chris and Saber, what a team !

Saber's good friend FC/AFC Flyway's Ruby B. Gonia got a 3rd in the Amateur at this trial.

The trial ran smoothly, the tests in all stakes were good ones, and the judges were superb to work with. No rain, the sun was out, but we had some very strong winds which made the tests much more difficult -- especially those cross-wind blinds.

I just got home from the trial so am a bit late to put up the results on EE. I will do that now.

Helen Graves, Field Trial Secretary
    I liked when they poured icewater over his head.
    Princess Darla of Nottingham MH ***
    Copper's Darlin' Rascal "Spanky" ***
    Spanky's Darlin Rascal "Wheezy"

Yellow dogs rule the world!

Congratulations Chris Hatch! You deserve it!

yes congrats.
    Sweetwater Ret.