RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Watchout of LSU next year GDG

9K views 51 replies 19 participants last post by  Jacob Hawkes 
#1 ·
I am not a LSU fan but they just picked up Cam Cameron as OC. That was there biggest weakness, There offence the last 2 years looked like a high school team. I am sure he will only be there for a year, 2 max but I think he will make a big impact. Look for a much more sophisticated offence.

#5 ·
Wasn't he let go by John Harbaugh?

#12 · (Edited)
He has been a OC in the NFL for 10 years and was NFL OC of the Year in San Diego. Yes he was let go from the Super Bowl Champion Ravens an NFL team, but was given a lot of credit by John Harbaugh for their win. After he was fired they didn't change there offence much just play calling. Yes maybe he is to conservative, but NFL conservative is out of this work complex in College. You have to admit it is a big upgrade from Greg Studrawa who before getting the job has 3 years experience as OC at Bowling Green?
I think the Mettenberger kid has potential next year and didn't they bring in one of the top pro style QBs in the nation. They only have to get a little bit better on offence to be a great team. They were awful last year. I think a upgrade at OC and a second year for Mettenberger will do that.

Better then Bama or the Dawgs no most likely not but I think they will be much better. Plus South Carolina I cannot see someone outside the SEC really challenging. Kelly is gone from Oregon and Ohio St. isn't as good as this years record in a over rated big 10.

#16 ·
LSU's problem isn't coordinators. LSU's problem is the head coach. The players don't respect him because they view him as a buddy, not a leader. That's the difference between him and Saban. Now, I know he has a lot of won games, but a good percentage of his wins were squeezed out, not decisive wins.

#28 ·
sports fans, help me fill in the blanks for my young friend!

saying the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _?;-)

(i can't believe we are starting this early.......it's awesome!!!!)

#30 ·
Jacob is on drugs, it's official. I admire your homerism but get back to me when your team beats Bama on the field. 3 of the last 4 national titles says we're superior. When was lsu's last title again? Put the pipe down dude, your embarrassing.

#34 ·
Correction: Not the team, 4 players. I think they need to be kicked off the team. Failing for performance enhancing drugs? Now your digging deep. I'm pretty certain the NCAA cleared up that by stating all players passed all drug test before and after all those recent championships and all those random test through the season.
But we all know there is no telling you anything, you're set in your ways,beliefs and conspiracy theories against those poor Bengal kitty cats.

#39 ·
Works for me. And let's not forget, Calloway was an Auburn recruit who (in retrospect, unfortunately) flipped to the Tide. Pettway was a Catholic school kid, that's what galls me. Saban will have to offer novenas at 7 o'clock daily mass. But he's not had to do any penance for working medical scholarships and grayshirting into his recruiting brilliance, so why not capitalize on jurisprudence as a viable recruiting tool? Hell, he may even work it out with the courts to get them back on the team via work-release - of course, that would be scout team, and as walk-ons.

MG

#41 ·
now, now, sports fans boys will be boys! that was 17 stars worth of freshmen!

no kidding though, if these kids don't get kicked off the team.......imagine how good they are! i heard saban has called bobby bowden to discuss next steps.

jacob i am not sure but i heard they bought spice at a convenience store with the stolen cards.;-)

#45 ·
They are "indefinitely suspended," which in Saban's tenure has meant "done." There is no replacing scholarships, so the "oversigning is evil" crowd will be happy. The SEC only allows you to sign 25 per year now, so those scholarships are probably gone forever unless there is a way to have some backcounters.

What a bunch of knuckleheads. Removing the whole football aspect for a moment, why would you just run out and do something like that????

Of course, it can be overcome. Another player stole a laptop, threw it out the window, got kicked out of school, did a year at Juco, and miraculously ended up at *uburn to win the Heisman Trophy. I'm looking at you, Cam.

#48 · (Edited)
Lets see, Cam Cameron developed; Flacco, Brees(first Pro Bowl was under Cameron), Rivers. Not to shabby I'd say.

Maybe too conservative for the NFL but not for college ball.

The ONLY reason LSU didn't win the NC the last two seasons is because of poor play calling on Offense. Lets face it, Bama was lucky to get out of Baton Rouge this past season with a win.

LSU can recruit and they can play Defense. CC could be this missing piece.

P S

Jamarcus has been training under Patrick Peterson's father for the last two-three months and living at the Peterson hosuehold. He has reportedly dropped 100 lbs and is looking good. Maybe he'll get serious about being a Pro QB since he has spent most of the 30mil he got from Al Davis.

#49 ·
The ONLY reason LSU didn't win the NC the last two seasons is because of poor play calling on Offense. Lets face it, Bama was lucky to get out of Baton Rouge this past season with a win.

LSU can recruit and they can play Defense. CC could be this missing piece.

cam cameron may be the answer. cameron may have called a few plays that could have improved the odds in the bama game in 2012, but lsu did score more than a few points that night. in my mental replay of that game, it was john chavis' inability to call an effective defense against any play in the final drive that really hurt. after chavis' d being abused on four straight passes downfield and to the sideline, the little screen was just too easy for mccrying. now if cam calls the right plays in practice against the first team d......he could really help chavis out by getting that defense ready for shizzle kickin' time.

what plays he might have possibly called to help in the 2011 bcs game.....idk? oh yes i do.....all he had to do was call three 85 yard touchdown passes on first down(if he didn't call them on first down they would have needed to be longer);-)

jacob thanks for the chuck vid. funny!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.