The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decided to post this

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Once
    I still feel there can be value in Carols advice as to some{not all} very high rollers. Some need to have a whistle stop, even if they are lining it just to let em know who's driving
    Exactly! And if I had paid attention to that advice when it was given, I might have a lot less gray hair!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Exactly! And if I had paid attention to that advice when it was given, I might have a lot less gray hair!
    Pretty hard to make that suggestion after watching the dog run just one 55 second blind and have no idea where she's at in training.

Paul, Mary Lynn certainly does not need my help. But after her comments to me about that dog, I'm just telling her what I should have done when faced with a similar situation. Looks to me like she is handling her dog very well indeed.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    I still feel there can be value in Carols advice as to some{not all} very high rollers. Some need to have a whistle stop, even if they are lining it just to let em know who's driving
    If you want to blow a whistle, you need a test devised to do so. Pattern blinds are momentum blinds & should be treated as such. Having trained & trialed many days over the years with Cosmo - in fact came close to buying him, I will tell you he was never handled on a blind he was lining. There is a 5 legged drill that will accomplish that.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    If you want to blow a whistle, you need a test devised to do so. Pattern blinds are momentum blinds & should be treated as such. Having trained & trialed many days over the years with Cosmo - in fact came close to buying him, I will tell you he was never handled on a blind he was lining. There is a 5 legged drill that will accomplish that.
    Read my whole post Marv{even the part in parenthesis} A pattern blind is not a blind

Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate them. Have much more work to do with this fellow. I will video more when our weather turns better. Yesterday we received rain over our snow = MESS and tomorrow turning colder which may make things more difficult for training. Thanks again.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA

HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI

Metras's Hashtag Mickey