The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Gooser about Mableton Georgia

I live in Mableton. It's a suburb. It's not rural at all. Traffic is the same as the rest of Atlanta. If you want rural, you need to go further out from the perimeter (I-285).

Quote Originally Posted by laurelwood View Post

Traffic depends on where you're trying to go... if you stay OTP and off 400 you should be fine.
    Surely Gooser will qualify & want to use the services of MARTA........Moving Alternativedressers Rapidy Through Atlanta

If Gooser moves to Mableton, the metro Atlanta area RTF'ers need to throw him a welcoming party. I'm in.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

Going to be in Texas City with Travis this weekend Gooser, you should make the trip down.
    Field Trials are competitions....not everyone gets a "participation ribbon" and they do "keep score"

Music for walking to the line
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xr6KfJOFqk

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Better dress like a man and leave those culottes in CO or those GA boys will ridicule your attire.
    Well, they do call it Mable-ton... He might still be OK getting in touch with his feminine side
    Bill Davis

At first I didn't understand this thread: why was Gooser asking people to tell Gooser something, couldn't Gooser just find out for himself?

Then I got to realizing that Gooser was referring to himself in the 3rd person.

Or was he?

Is there more than one Gooser? Sort of a Sybil situation going on here, 13 personalities in a single MooseGooser?

This would explain a lot.

Goosers, do you leave notes for each other?
    Last edited by mitty; 02-11-2013 at 06:32 PM.
    Renee P

Yes Gooser speaks in the third person, I guess he needs the space.
    So what's the deal Gooser, you looking to move or just coming for a visit? The trout fishing doesn't compare to CO but there are a few of us that know how and where to catch the big Browns in the Hooch. Run and Gun flyfishing for Stripers off the front of a bass boat is a serious blast though. Dog training has been cutting in on the fishing lately though.
    Field Trials are competitions....not everyone gets a "participation ribbon" and they do "keep score"

Music for walking to the line
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xr6KfJOFqk

We are SERIOUSLY looking for a place to slow down a bit and retire....

I am a Colorado native..

I have traveled some, but not a bunch.
    I have been told I am spoiled living here, but I am not convinced. The traffis is horrible, compared to what it used to be.

I drive 90 miles 1 way every weekend to just have a place to let a dog run 300 yrds off leash..

Trips to the mountains on the weekends are a total joke...

Its mostly the amount of people here anymore...

WE really want a change..

Goosers!! ( plural)
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Well Gooser, I came all the way out here because I had to get away from "all the people". I would have loved to have had a place under a hundred miles to go run my dog. But I drove 150 miles twice a week when I was living in SC just to get away from the gators and the subdivisions. This really suits me better even though I have landed in the most non retriever friendly place on earth. May not be able to train for field trials here, but the hiking, fishing, scenery makes up for a lot. And for my husband, lets just say he will never ski east of the Rockies again! (We probably will go back east to deer hunt though. No limits,(well very generous limits) long season, no lotteries. We'll go back and fill the freezer then come back "home" again!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

gooser,
    lookup jackson county, alabama. best bass, cat and bluegill fishing in the world, good crappie, passable duck gunning, nice whitetails, all public all the time. mountains, rivers, lakes, good ol' boys, rednecks, lots of land to train dogs on. nice hrc club, good group of ft wannabees, you name it we got it. low cost of living and access to all the local walnut, red cherry, red and white oak, maple and poplar a woodworker could imagine. 40 minutes to two top 40 us msa's(chattanooga and huntsville)

i have lived in memphis(twice), birmingham, atlanta, dallas, houston and now i get impatient if there are two cars ahead of me at a stop light. i live in scottsboro on roseberry creek(lake guntersville) and in addition to the boat house i can launch a boat at eleven different boat ramps on the lake/river within ten minutes of my driveway. you could live on the lake or on a bluff overlooking the lake, or both in some cases!

not one person here will spell better than you either!!!!!!!!!!!!
    john mccallie