The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tell Gooser about Mableton Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Baker View Post
    I feel very fortunate to live in Northeast TN we have 4 seasons, not to hot or too cold for any length of time. We are blessed with lots of rivers and lakes great fishing. Deer hunting is good. Duck hunting is not very good. Lots of farms to train on very little technical water.
    Chad
    I'm no expert by any means, but Chad your dogs have done fine with very little technical water Gooser it gets hot down South!!

Dislike Humidity Regards,

Aaron
    AFC Iron Lines Sergeant Pepper "Pepper"
    FC FTCH Westwood's Sunday Silence "Buck"
    Sweet Swingin' Fred MH ***

www.southforkkennelsllc.com

Aaron if I didn't own a grading and excavation company there would be none within at least a hr! I need some wealthy people to move here so we could have some more water!!! In my retirement years which will be a long time I hope to have a place in Boston, Ga and Mission Valley, MT.
    Chad
    LUCK - WHEN PREPARATION MEETS REALITY!
    NAFC FC Cody Cut A Lean Grade "Grady" NAFC Paddle Creek's Pack Your Grip "Traveler"
    www.paddlecreekretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Need to be a snowbird...
    Gooser - you can come & live by me but I'm not sure you'd like it - We did this exercise about 25 years ago - E WA, MT, WY, SD, ID, southern BC, having worked at Climax Moly & camped in a 2 fireplace campground at Vail Pass 50+ years ago we knew CO was no longer for us though I would believe the western part of the state still has possibilities. South is hot in the summer & they generally have unlikeable critters. North has mosquito's in the summer - fortunately our tree swallows keep them under control. Our CA son sends me a care package of oranges, grapefruit & lemons from his trees in season rather than presents, can't beat that deal.

Were I going to live in WA I would probably find a lot by Conway WA, build a pole building where I could house our trailer & some basic living quarters & enjoy nature. We will move from here on the next uptick in housing. & then go where we want by trailer, avoid getting a campground membership, unless you're a slug they offer little value.

All training grounds are at a premium as there are less places & more folks wanting to use them. As for McCall, I would go there for the maximum campground stay on Payette Lake & then move on. McCall does have a couple of good restaurants, but that's about it.

But we have everything but good pheasant hunting here. & for the wildlife viewer my description elicited a response from Happy that said "why do I think I've just watched Wild America?" The elk are wary, which is good for them, the geese & ducks not so, we get a brood or so every year, though our 2 geese have not been able to get a brood to fruition, the ducks are generally successful . Our deer stand in the woods & look at us, a mom & her babies. & we have a river otter, neat critter.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Homburg View Post
    Gooser it gets hot down South!!

Dislike Humidity Regards,

Aaron
    Yeah, like it doesn't get hot in Kansas.....

If its few people and traffic that you're looking for the Metro Atlanta area ain't it. A couple hours outside the city is a different story, however.

90% humidity year round regards
    Bob Foster

here you go Gooser. enter your most vervent wishes about living in the lap of luxury and it will pick you a spot just perfect for you and Mrs Gooser.

http://www.findyourspot.com/
    "Too late smart, too soon old" - Now I finally get it Grandpa

Dennis Long
    HRCH SHDW MTN Aces and Eights Toby MH "Toby"
    HRCH Barton Creek's Winner Take All MH "Rio"
    Ranger 1997 - 2012
    Ragin' Charge of the Light Brigade "Cannon"

Consider looking for a place in Southern Oregon. North, west, east of Medford will be cheaper to buy. There are hunt tests, field trials, and training grounds. No sales tax in Oregon, but property tax will get you. Not as much rain as in No. Oregon. Great duck hunting still at Tule Lake. Or consider the Klamath Falls area. Lots of open space, hunting, trialing, hunt testing, and a small training group of great guys.

Helen

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Yeah, like it doesn't get hot in Kansas.....

But it is a dry heat!!!

That's why there's no Pheasants in KS Regards,

​Aaron
    AFC Iron Lines Sergeant Pepper "Pepper"
    FC FTCH Westwood's Sunday Silence "Buck"
    Sweet Swingin' Fred MH ***

www.southforkkennelsllc.com

[QUOTE=Brian Skibicki;1066709]
    Quote Originally Posted by golfandhunter View Post

Take him up on it Gooser, they are great guys and you will enjoy David's dry sense of humor. It would make quite the training group.
    "Ditto" what Brian said. Not to mention mild winter weather!!
    HRCH Gold Dust Sable SH "Sable"
    HR Alabama's Smoke on the Plains SH "Rounder"
    HRCH Moon River's Southern Breeze SH "Breeze"
    HRCH Abe's Magic Marking Bailey SH "Bailey"

Have lived in the PNW & its beautiful country but not where I'd want to be full time. Hard to find that perfect full-time location but I like where my farm sits here about 45 mins south of the ATL airport. Just far enough from ATL to miss the traffic but close enough if I need some big city entertainment & great location to fly to anywhere in the world. Housing & taxes just about as low as anywhere in the country. And I just walk out my door & train my dogs, deer & turkey hunt. I go 6 hrs west to MS delta for the best duck hunting in the country for that 6 wk period when I don't do water work training with my dogs. Lots of HT & FT events within 4 hrs drive (about 24 per yr). During the hotest part of the summer, I head to WI for several wks of some cooler training & 2-3 FTs. Pretty nice......& BTW, I didn't grow up here but its home now.
    David Didier, GA