The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tell Gooser about Mableton Georgia

No place is perfect, but here in GA we put up with July and August in exchange for the rest of the year. Plenty of good options for those two hotter months such as nearby beach trips or the mountains. Pick a town with some Republican leadership and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by Spring; 02-13-2013 at 08:22 AM.

I left GA for a while in August to train in Minnesota and it was great. Coming back after being there for so long with pretty cool nights and mild days I stopped in Kentucky to air dogs and fuel up, stepping out of the truck it was like getting smacked in the face with a hot wet towel. I knew that I was getting back close to home.
    Field Trials are competitions....not everyone gets a "participation ribbon" and they do "keep score"

Music for walking to the line
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xr6KfJOFqk

One other, very unique thing about this part of GA. We sit at about 1000-1200 ft elevation. As a result our nights during the hot summer months generally cool several degrees below other areas of GA & AL west in the south, so summer nights & early summer mornings are much more enjoyable than you might expect of a deep south location. I grew up in Memphis TN, so I know hot humid summer nights & this area of GA & north doesn't have a predominance of hot humid nights.
    David Didier, GA

Where Chad lives is wonderful, I have spent a a few days in Alabama lately, but could not live there full time, I miss civilization.
    I have lived in Colorado, Georgia, Mass, South Carolina and spent a ton of time in Connecticut and a little time in Maine.
    Depends on what you want, how close to GOOD shopping you want to be, and if you are a beach or mountain person. While dogs are important, I have to factor in Horses and shopping.
    In Georgia and Alabama you are close to some excellent pros in the fall winter, early spring. Most migrate for the summer.
    Ga and Alabama, compared to where you live, makes Hell look cool in the summer. However, you can find decent property, and great people, especially if you look closer to Athens.
    Alabama has some great people there, and the laws are very hunter/dog friendly, but it is poor. But GREAT property.
    Chad can speak to where he is-
    I live in the Northwestern corner of SC, about 2 hours from everything. I am lucky enough to be able to find land, but no water.
    We have bugs, snakes, no gators.
    sorry if I took this question too seriously:::}}}
    Christine
    "We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable
    to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan." Irving Townsend.

[QUOTE=D Osborn;1068990]I have spent a a few days in Alabama lately, but could not live there full time, I miss civilization.

Jeepers Demi. What are you complaining about? There is a Super Walmart in both Demopolis and Selma and all kinds of Dollar General stores.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

[QUOTE=Becky Mills;1069002]
    Quote Originally Posted by D Osborn View Post
    I have spent a a few days in Alabama lately, but could not live there full time, I miss civilization.

Jeepers Demi. What are you complaining about? There is a Super Walmart in both Demopolis and Selma and all kinds of Dollar General stores.
    No Target. Or Starbucks. Or J Crew. Seriously. Great people though))))
    Christine
    "We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable
    to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan." Irving Townsend.

[QUOTE=D Osborn;1069007]
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky Mills View Post

No Target. Or Starbucks. Or J Crew. Seriously. Great people though))))
    let me see.......hummmmm.......let's say i am attending next year's national at cooper black in cheraw, sc and i am looking for starbucks? is it hartsville?, darlington?,....nope! florence?.....probably not! well it's only one hundred miles back to columbia, or 125 miles to north myrtle beach, about the same to charolotte, nc.?

if you are running at cooper black and you want to see a socioeconomicaly challenged area of the u.s......just head for the nearest starbucks. great people though!
    Last edited by roseberry; 02-14-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    john mccallie