The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: Tell Gooser about Mableton Georgia

  1. #21
    Senior Member Rnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Erie,Pa.
    Posts
    608

    Default

    We are SERIOUSLY looking for a place to slow down a bit and retire....
    Be careful there Gooser they get a little sensitive about that in the south.....Just kidding.

    It's an awesome part of this great country....You won't be disappointed.
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

    Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA

  2. #22
    Senior Member mlp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Gooser, if you don't like long summers and the high humidity and blazing heat you won't like the southeast. A trip through here in august might help you make up your mind . Oh did I mention I hate the heat!
    _____________________________________
    Don't trust anyone who would rent a pig !

  3. #23
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    2,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mlp View Post
    Gooser, if you don't like long summers and the high humidity and blazing heat you won't like the southeast. A trip through here in august might help you make up your mind . Oh did I mention I hate the heat!
    oh yeah, i forgot about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
    john mccallie

  4. #24
    Senior Member Duckquilizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mid-TN
    Posts
    922

    Default

    By the way, N GA, N AL, and TN is really where God's country lies. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise... Hunting, fishing, and seeing a wider variety of critters/people than anywhere else in the U.S.
    Kendall Layne

    HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

    Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

  5. #25
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckquilizer View Post
    By the way, N GA, N AL, and TN is really where God's country lies. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise... Hunting, fishing, and seeing a wider variety of critters/people than anywhere else in the U.S.
    Two legged critters yes... Wildlife? I would still rank the Pacific NW higher in terms of variety of wildlife. I was born and raised in the south and live in TN now... But hard to beat the NW... WA state has whitetail deer, Blacktail deer, mule deer, Rocky Mountain elk, Roosevelt elk, Moose, Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep, California Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goats, Pronghorn Antelope, Black Bears, Mountain Lions, all the waterfowl and upland birds you can chase, and sea ducks... I'm sure I missed something... OR, ID, and MT are about the same in terms of variety. Quality varies by state and species.

    Oh... I forgot to mention. WA state has three sub species of turkeys. Easterns, Merriams amd Rios.
    Last edited by huntinman; 02-11-2013 at 09:52 PM.
    Bill Davis

  6. #26
    Senior Member duk4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    2,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Two legged critters yes... Wildlife? I would still rank the Pacific NW higher in terms of variety of wildlife. I was born and raised in the south and live in TN now... But hard to beat the NW... WA state has whitetail deer, Blacktail deer, mule deer, Rocky Mountain elk, Roosevelt elk, Moose, Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep, California Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goats, Pronghorn Antelope, Black Bears, Mountain Lions, all the waterfowl and upland birds you can chase, and sea ducks... I'm sure I missed something... OR, ID, and MT are about the same in terms of variety. Quality varies by state and species.

    Oh... I forgot to mention. WA state has three sub species of turkeys. Easterns, Merriams amd Rios.
    Dang I think the Ark must have landed on Mt. Ranier.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

  7. #27
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    Dang I think the Ark must have landed on Mt. Ranier.
    If you can get away from Seattle and I-5, it's beautiful country.
    Bill Davis

  8. #28
    Senior Member duk4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    2,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    If you can get away from Seattle and I-5, it's beautiful country.
    People East of the Rockies have no clue how majestic the PNW is. If possible everyone should drive HWY 1 once in their life. Glad I did.Well I think its 101 from Seattle to CA border.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

  9. #29
    Senior Member Duckquilizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Mid-TN
    Posts
    922

    Default

    I'm just not to big on a lot of the people West of those moutains...lol
    Kendall Layne

    HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

    Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

  10. #30
    Senior Member badbullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    somewhere between Boca Grande and Mims
    Posts
    7,185

    Default

    Mike, I am not so sure Georgia is where you need to be. I have seen your style of dress and it could get you hung I'm Georgia.
    You ain't from around here are you regards
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •