The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: Tell Gooser about Mableton Georgia

  1. #31
    Senior Member David McLendon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Loganville, Ga
    Posts
    668

    Default

    I was born here, and I live here, but the constant spread of lets just say the urban wildlife and activity, plus the influx of hurricane flotsam and jetsom post Katrina in our immediate area the quality of life has gone down and the crime has gone way up. Far away from Atlanta is where you would want to go if Georgia is on your mind. If I weren't already here then I sure wouldn't think about moving here, and with the economy and what I own and can't sell, I'm stuck so pass me the lemons and lets make some more lemonade.
    Field Trials are competitions....not everyone gets a "participation ribbon" and they do "keep score"

    Music for walking to the line
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xr6KfJOFqk

  2. #32
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,983

    Default

    So, For those of you that lived your life in your "Home" then decided in later years to make a change and move to someplace new,,,
    Did you, or have you regretted that decision?

    I keep getting told, I am spoiled here , and that comes from folks that moved here from other places..

    Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  3. #33
    Senior Member mitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,222

    Default

    Tell Gooser about the fleas. And cockroaches. And termites. And mold. These are things I don't miss after having lived in Alabama.

    I wasn't into dogs back then, but I had the impression that, in Alabama, a lot of the attractive land for hunting etc. was private property. Is that the case at all for Georgia? I drove across it a gazillion times "commuting" between Pennsylvania and Tuscaloosa and it "felt" the same.

    There is not a lot of wildlife here, I miss the SE that way. We see a squirrel in the yard here and rejoice. My husband has fantasies about living in Alabama again.

    (I hope I haven't hijacked Goosers' thread, I'm sort of curious too.)
    Renee P

  4. #34
    Senior Member David McLendon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Loganville, Ga
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Gooser the crowd of people out there messing up your Colorado are there because they want to get away from here.

    McCall, Idaho would be perfect for me, but I'd have to be single again because my wife would never go for it. Plenty of the things that I like to do, much lower cost of living compared to here so my money would go farther and cold enough to keep the riff raff out.
    Last edited by David McLendon; 02-12-2013 at 09:01 AM.
    Field Trials are competitions....not everyone gets a "participation ribbon" and they do "keep score"

    Music for walking to the line
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xr6KfJOFqk

  5. #35
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David McLendon View Post
    Gooser the crowd of people out there messing up your Colorado are there because they want to get away from here.

    McCall, Idaho would be perfect for me, but I'd have to be single again because my wife would never go for it. Plenty of the things that I like to do, much lower cost of living compared to here so my money would go farther and cold enough to keep the riff raff out.
    Now you're talkin'...
    Bill Davis

  6. #36
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Tell Gooser about the fleas. And cockroaches. And termites. And mold. These are things I don't miss after having lived in Alabama.

    I wasn't into dogs back then, but I had the impression that, in Alabama, a lot of the attractive land for hunting etc. was private property. Is that the case at all for Georgia? I drove across it a gazillion times "commuting" between Pennsylvania and Tuscaloosa and it "felt" the same.

    There is not a lot of wildlife here, I miss the SE that way. We see a squirrel in the yard here and rejoice. My husband has fantasies about living in Alabama again.

    (I hope I haven't hijacked Goosers' thread, I'm sort of curious too.)
    You forgot the ticks, chiggers and snakes
    Bill Davis

  7. #37
    Senior Member David McLendon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Loganville, Ga
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Snakes that's right, you can go with me in March rolling tin at old collapsed home places. Nothing like peeling back a piece of rusty tin on a cold morning and having half a dozen big timber rattlers and copperheads staring at you. Now that's fun.
    Field Trials are competitions....not everyone gets a "participation ribbon" and they do "keep score"

    Music for walking to the line
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xr6KfJOFqk

  8. #38
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,983

    Default

    I would prolly miss the mountains.
    Idaho, Wyoming, New Mexico, are all on the list

    But,,

    Cold is startin to bother me.


    Warm climate would be really nice.
    I envy you that can train dogs on Water basically all year.
    I also envy the size and beauty of the Home I could buy in some places..
    Homes like that here are 500,000 or better.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  9. #39
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    I would prolly miss the mountains.
    Idaho, Wyoming, New Mexico, are all on the list

    But,,

    Cold is startin to bother me.

    Warm climate would be really nice.
    I envy you that can train dogs on Water basically all year.
    I also envy the size and beauty of the Home I could buy in some places..
    Homes like that here are 500,000 or better.
    The long winters in Alaska were starting to get to us. The long summers get to me now... Need to be a snowbird...
    Bill Davis

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    PINEY FLATS, TN
    Posts
    607

    Default

    I feel very fortunate to live in Northeast TN we have 4 seasons, not to hot or too cold for any length of time. We are blessed with lots of rivers and lakes great fishing. Deer hunting is good. Duck hunting is not very good. Lots of farms to train on very little technical water.
    Chad
    LUCK - WHEN PREPARATION MEETS REALITY!
    NAFC FC Cody Cut A Lean Grade "Grady" NAFC Paddle Creek's Pack Your Grip "Traveler"
    www.paddlecreekretrievers.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •