RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

New MH golden : Slater!

5K views 28 replies 25 participants last post by  carolinagold 
#1 ·

Morninglo Wing-T Your Bird Can Sing MH WCX CCA
(CH Deauxquest Hard Day's Knight UDT VER RAE MH WCX CCA VCX OS DDHF ex Bridgeton Morninglo Brite Lite MH WCX OD)

YAY I'm so happy to report that Slater got his 5th master pass at Mid-Florida today to finish his title, owner trained & handled. He is 3 years old and also showing in the breed ring. Slater is a super little guy and did a really nice job for me today.
He is Fisher's son and the first Fisher puppy to be a MH.
Enough of that, have to get ready for next weekend's test! :) Not really we'll enjoy it for a while now.

See less See more
#4 ·
Congratulations, Anney!

#12 ·
Lovely!!! Huge Congratulations to the both of you! Love the photos :)

Great water entry..

Hey Anney!....maybe a little Owner/Handler Q ?? for "Slater" :)

Judy

#17 ·
Congrats and way to go, and he is a very nice looking guy - how big is he?

#18 ·
Thanks guys for all the kind comments. To answer your questions, I hope to run the Qual at the Golden National this year with Slater and his daddy Fisher (who is a breed champion and has run three quals already). Yes, a new bandana would be appropriate especially if it is Gator orange and blue. Slater is 22 3/4" tall and about 68 lbs. Slater HATES pheasants which I hear they use at the MN so no, we won't be going!
Gimme a mallard any day regards...

#20 ·
Not sure, Fisher (Slater's dad) loves pheasants, chukkars, pigeons, whatever and never has blinked an eye, from day one Slater has really not been crazy about anything but a duck, with pheasants being the most detestful. To be fair, we rarely if ever see anything but ducks in my neck of the woods. It is so uncommon it's not worth training or exposing him to it enough to get him to love them. I'm sure if he went upland hunting he'd learn real quick to like them :)

#21 ·
Not sure, Fisher (Slater's dad) loves pheasants, chukkars, pigeons, whatever and never has blinked an eye, from day one Slater has really not been crazy about anything but a duck, with pheasants being the most detestful. To be fair, we rarely if ever see anything but ducks in my neck of the woods. It is so uncommon it's not worth training or exposing him to it enough to get him to love them. I'm sure if he went upland hunting he'd learn real quick to like them :)
I'll bet that is more than true!

#26 ·
Congrats on the new title

#27 ·
Very cool, congrats!!! Good looking just like his daddy!

#28 ·
Congratulations! Nice pictures!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.