The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green Monster Whistles?

Default Green Monster Whistles?

i have looked high and low for some green monsters. though i ordered some from lion country about a week or so ago and finally called them friday asking about them. the guy i talked to said they have not had any for months and not sure when they would get any in.

Does anyone know where to get a couple or the story of why suppliers like lion country and gun dog puppy can't get any?
    HRCH Ben's Southern Belle IV
    Bodey Boy Blue

The Dallesasse sounds exactly the same. Same whistle.
    Daren Galloway

Quote Originally Posted by Daren Galloway View Post
    The Dallesasse sounds exactly the same. Same whistle.
    May be the same whistle, but to me the sounds produced are noticeably different

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    May be the same whistle, but to me the sounds produced are noticeably different
    But does it matter to the dog? And at hunt test distances is it necessary? I think not. I prefer my dogs listening rather than waiting to be blasted out of their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by krazybronco2 View Post
    i have looked high and low for some green monsters. though i ordered some from lion country about a week or so ago and finally called them friday asking about them. the guy i talked to said they have not had any for months and not sure when they would get any in.

Does anyone know where to get a couple or the story of why suppliers like lion country and gun dog puppy can't get any?
    Ben, Daren is correct, the whistle portion is the same with a different body.
    I think the Green Monster is louder.
    They ain't making them anymore, maybe try an add in classifieds to buy a couple used ones.
    If the whistle is broken and the body is good, you can put in boiling water to separate them and glue a new whistle to an old body.

I have 3, sorry, I ain't selling
    Gregg Leonard

FC Tremblin Earth's Touch Of Chocolate Reese FC/AFC Land Ahoy X Baypoints Dream QA2
    Red Squads Blue on Black Jesse MH QA2 NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Dance Hall Gal
    Red Squads Fifty Caliber Sniper QA2 NAFC FC/AFC Grady X FC/AFC Maple Creeks Mattie Mae
    Red Squads Bad Girlfriend Tinker NDL QAA FC/AFC Ranger X Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QA2
    Red Squads Back in Black Angus FC-AFC B Bumble X Roseberry's Iquisition NDL

Contact Pat Burns, its his product creation he might know who has them in stock.

http://www.eliteretrievers.com/
    DLM

" Paddle faster, I hear Banjos!"

Do a google search for Hellova Whistle. Not exactly the Green Monster but the same general principle and they come in both camo and orange versions. Good luck and good training to ye.

Cheers,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

If you just need to replace the whistle, and have a cover buy the ACME tornado from gun supply, remove the old whistle and pop in the replacement.

http://www.gundogsupply.com/0038black.html

Dallasee uses the same whistle as does the hunt tester; I don't like the sound of those to either, based on the number of green things I see hanging from peoples necks vs. blue things; I'd guess a lot of people don't. Looks like I'll be keeping my green covers.
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 11-23-2015 at 11:46 AM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH-I HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast) Rip. July-2014
    GMHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    MHR HR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

got an email for Pat Burns

"Ben,

I can’t help you right now. However, I am working on a new version and hope to have something in the not too distant future."

not sure if this helps but the response i got back.

and not looking for a replacement just looking for some backups and one for the hunting lanyard.
    Last edited by krazybronco2; 11-23-2015 at 11:53 AM.
    HRCH Ben's Southern Belle IV
    Bodey Boy Blue

The dallesasse would be fine for a backup, they make the short one the Hunt Tester which is what I have on my hunting lanyard.
    Daren Galloway