The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loyall Dog Food

Fed it for a couple years. Right now am feeding Exceed from Sam's. I think they upped their sodium in Loyall my dogs were very thirsty on it the last few months. That and the price going up are the only complaints I have. Although Runnings did start a buy 10 get 1 free.
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    Embers Aint Misbehavin - Flirt (Corona's mini me)

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I have not tried it, but it has no meat just by-product.
    Actually, Henlee, the number 1 ingredient in Loyall Professional and Active is a meat product, "pet food grade" poultry by-product meal. Pet food grade poultry by-product meal consists of POULTRY MEAT, skin, organs, intestines and bone. It contains no beaks, feathers or feet. Because it contains skin and vicera it has a much higher nutritional content than poultry or chicken meat alone, and it is lower in ash than poultry or chicken meal. When you compare the nutrional value and and digestibility of feed grade poultry by-product meal to that of meat or non by-product meal it becomes obvious that it is a superior ingredient.

We have been feeding Loyall Professional for over a year now with excellent results. Our dogs all have grea coats, teeth and muscle mass. We have been able to put weight on dogs that struggled with weight issues on other so called "super premium", "meat based" foods, and it is a great value from an economic stand point. Overall I am extremely pleased with the results that we have experienced on Loyall, and I wuold highly recommend it to anyone.

Banned

People really like Loyall but where I live its priced at pretty much what I buy Dr. Tim's.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneOakRet View Post
    Actually, Henlee, the number 1 ingredient in Loyall Professional and Active is a meat product, "pet food grade" poultry by-product meal. Pet food grade poultry by-product meal consists of POULTRY MEAT, skin, organs, intestines and bone. It contains no beaks, feathers or feet. Because it contains skin and vicera it has a much higher nutritional content than poultry or chicken meat alone, and it is lower in ash than poultry or chicken meal. When you compare the nutrional value and and digestibility of feed grade poultry by-product meal to that of meat or non by-product meal it becomes obvious that it is a superior ingredient.

We have been feeding Loyall Professional for over a year now with excellent results. Our dogs all have grea coats, teeth and muscle mass. We have been able to put weight on dogs that struggled with weight issues on other so called "super premium", "meat based" foods, and it is a great value from an economic stand point. Overall I am extremely pleased with the results that we have experienced on Loyall, and I wuold highly recommend it to anyone.
    J Paul, does what you are seeing with Loyall, compare to what you saw with Enhance Pro Athlete?

My Water Spaniels are both on active adult 26\19 blend, both look like a million bucks, great energy, firm stools etc.. I get mine at a place here called Country max for around $29 a 40# bag.
    "Owned by Three AWS's"

Luke 6:38
    Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

There are things you just can't fix. Can't fix stupid, can't fix a neutered dog & you can't fix junk!

American Water Spaniel Club, AKC - Parent Club
    http://www.americanwaterspanielclub.org/

Robert "BAYDOG" Goodman

Gordy,

Yes, it does perfrom very much like the original Enhance Pro Athlete, maybe even better as far as teeth and weight go. When I first started feeding Enhance the main ingredient was chicken by-product meal, and my dogs did great on it. Later they changed to chicken meal, and I think that due to the high ash content we had very bad stools. I am having great luck with Loyall, and I think it is a superior formula.

J. Paul

I have been using Loyall for about a year and I am very pleased with it. My dog is in excellent shape her coat is sleek and shiney her stools are small and dry very fast.They have alot of good info on their website.I use the Professional formula during Hunting season and the High performance the rest of the year. Not much difference in price about $45 for 50 lbs if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneOakRet View Post
    Gordy,

Yes, it does perfrom very much like the original Enhance Pro Athlete, maybe even better as far as teeth and weight go. When I first started feeding Enhance the main ingredient was chicken by-product meal, and my dogs did great on it. Later they changed to chicken meal, and I think that due to the high ash content we had very bad stools. I am having great luck with Loyall, and I think it is a superior formula.

J. Paul
    Thanks J Paul, I'm down to my last few bags of PA. Tom Cannon says to say "Hi".

Another satisfied customer here. Started feeding it when he left for training and it seemed to work for him so I didn't switch. Vet commented that his teeth and weight looked great on the last visit.

great thread,,,i am happy to hear I made a good choice