The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Loyall Dog Food

I just switched to Loyall from Euk a month ago. I feed the 31/20 Professional. So far so good! Bags seem consistent. Dogs are holding weight well, have firm stools, and good coats. Happy with it so far!
    River Bottom Retrievers

HRCH River Bottom Riparian Backwater MH - "Timber"
    (FC Riparian Windfall X HRCH Drenicks Castile Creek Allie MH)

River Bottoms Simply Elegant - "Pearl"
    (FC Drake's Bay Parting Of The Sea X Oldsquaw's Miss Darla QAA)

River Bottoms Leather N Lace - "Lacey"
    (FC AFC Wood River's Franchise X CFC Baypoints My Girl)

www.RiverBottomRetrievers.net

My question is about the Loyall puppy blend. I will be picking up my new lab in a few weeks and was considering using their puppy food as I have been using their adult formula for my Boykin and he seems to like it fine. However, their puppy food is 31% protein and 20% fat. Most other manufacturers have a lower protein/fat content for larger breed puppies because of concerns over growth that is too rapid and increasing stress on the developing joints. Have any of you used the Loyall puppy food and what are your thoughts on it. Also, do you believe that a 31/20 blend is too much for a lab puppy? Would something in a 27/14 range be better?

Quote Originally Posted by amos moses View Post
    My question is about the Loyall puppy blend. I will be picking up my new lab in a few weeks and was considering using their puppy food as I have been using their adult formula for my Boykin and he seems to like it fine. However, their puppy food is 31% protein and 20% fat. Most other manufacturers have a lower protein/fat content for larger breed puppies because of concerns over growth that is too rapid and increasing stress on the developing joints. Have any of you used the Loyall puppy food and what are your thoughts on it. Also, do you believe that a 31/20 blend is too much for a lab puppy? Would something in a 27/14 range be better?

I have 5 pups on it right now. They are all lean, good coats, and all have firm stool.

Raised a Golden litter on it this summer and have a friend that raised a couple Shiba Inu litters on it. Pups did well on it.
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    Embers Aint Misbehavin - Flirt (Corona's mini me)

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!