The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Need help with rules about what judges to show under or not.

Default Need help with rules about what judges to show under or not.

Hi guys,

I've scoured the rules, but am obviously missing what I need to find. I use a pro to start my dogs. Occasionally they go back to him for tune-ups. I have 2 dogs that haven't been with him for over 48 months. He is going to be judging at a hunt test that I usually go to. Can I compete under him? Normally I wouldn't think twice, and avoid the test, but with my work and training schedule, I am limited to what tests I can attend this year.

Can someone point me in the right direction? He's now semi-retired now and expects to be judging more, so this may be coming up often in my area.

Thanks for any help. I think I looked at the Hunt Test rule book too much this week and now I can't find anything!

Sue Puff
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

Quote Originally Posted by suepuff View Post
    Hi guys,

..... I have 2 dogs that haven't been with him for over 48 months. He is going to be judging at a hunt test that I usually go to. Can I compete under him?......

Sue Puff

YES!

A dog is not eligible to be entered in any Hunting Test (Junior, Senior or Master) at a licensed or member Hunting Test if a Judge of that Test or any member of his family has owned, sold, held under lease, boarded, trained or handled the dog within one year of the starting date of the Hunting Test. For purposes of this Section, the words "any member of his family" shall include a spouse, a sibling, a parent or a child, whether natural or adopted, of the Judge in question, but shall not extend to other blood or legal relationships.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Thanks Ken! I think I need to get sleep and start using reading glasses! Either that and/or drink beer and whiskey when I read the rules....

Sue Puff
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

Quote Originally Posted by suepuff View Post
    Thanks Ken! I think I need to get sleep and start using reading glasses! Either that and/or drink beer and whiskey when I read the rules....

Sue Puff
    I thought you did anyway! But yes, run your dog. Any doubts ask Richard. See ya soon. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyJ View Post
    I thought you did anyway! But yes, run your dog. Any doubts ask Richard. See ya soon. LOL
    Well of course Buddy!!! But shouldn't we always find a reason to try more?!?! LOL!
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com