The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebel with a cause

Default Rebel with a cause

So tell me about his pups. I have read some things about him but not so much on how his pups turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by gdluck View Post
    So tell me about his pups. I have read some things about him but not so much on how his pups turned out.
    The dog in my avatar is a Rebel bred dog, is 4yrs old now. She is smart and was easy to train
    She's not vocal and steady in the blind. She's the best lab I've ever owned, runs a 300 yd cold blind same as a mark. I'd buy another pup from a Rebel strain in a minute

Let's see Rebel Son, Seeker, GMHR HRCH MH (MNH dog) SRS dog (top 12), very stylish great water entry, had to be careful when he was younger, because he'd clear narrow passages of water. Calm & quiet, one of those that would break, but never creep, kind've looks at you before he breaks . Runs blinds with same intensity as marks, Still runs @ 12yrs. like he did at three, retrieved 12 birds last time we took him out on what we thought would be a "slow" hunt. It's great to watch an old soldier herd a cripple to the bank then retrieve 3 other birds that he barely saw, one over a dike. A friend of mine trained one of his daughters up to MH (his first dog). I like the Rebel lines, it's what I'd look for if I wanted another yellow.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast) Rip. July-2014
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    HR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

My pup is a grandson of Rebel. He's only 7 months old now so the jury is still out but I like what I have so far.

Many past threads on Rebel with A Cause you can locate using "search" and scrolling thru the list. Here's one of them..
    http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ighlight=rebel

I bred two different Labs to FC-AFC Rebel With a Cause (3 times) over the last 12 years with the last litter whelped August 2012 (kept two pups) for myself. The dog in my avator is HRCH Frontier's Cherokee Rebel MH - Master National Finalist (now passed).

FC-AFC Rebel sired nine FC-AFC titled in U.S. and Canada:

FC-AFC Wine Glass Lucky Strike
    FC-AFC Fat City Pacer
    CFC-CAFC Watersedge Misty Morning
    FC-AFC Riversides Raggedy Ann
    AFC Rockerins Riverdance
    CAFC Rebel Without A Clue
    AFC MD's Just Bob MH
    FC Caprocks Cool Hand Luke
    FC-AFC Pumpkins Son of the South

Rebel also sired over 75 AKC Master Hunters according to AKC progeny records the last time I ran an offspring report a while ago as well as numerous dogs earning AKC hunt titles, UKC hunt titles, not to mention the number of very satisified hunting homes.

Last edited by frontier; 02-11-2013 at 04:58 PM.
    Terrie Tomlinson
    Frontier Retrievers
    HR Five Star Winning Sue SH
    Young Guns: Frontier's True Grit With a Cause "Rooster" and Frontier's Gossip Girl With A Cause "Gabby"
    Boykin Spaniels: Max, Scarlet, Rummy, Jewels, Bella

In Memory:
    HRCH Frontier's Cherokee Rebel MH (5-9-2000 to 12-6-2011)
    Moonstone's Little Girl Found MH (3-20-1998 to 5-2-2008)
    Calebri's Take the Money and Run JH (3-3-2008 to 6-20-2012)

thanks for the replies. I know he was an accomplished stud, but to be more specific did he pass on the hard charging only for experienced trainers attitude that i have heard he was?

Oh, and i did the search but looks like i stopped short of 2008 as after 5-6 pages i was only at 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by gdluck View Post
    thanks for the replies. I know he was an accomplished stud, but to be more specific did he pass on the hard charging only for experienced trainers attitude that i have heard he was?

Oh, and i did the search but looks like i stopped short of 2008 as after 5-6 pages i was only at 2011.
    To try to generalize certain aspects of a sire when the dam brings 50 percent of her genetics to the offspring as well does not always hold up.. I like what he produces.. marking, looks, tractability, focus, and desire, and ability to "chill out" in previous breedings. I've never heard "only for experienced trainers"... that's not my experience..but could certainly be others based on the pedigree match and individual dog.
    Terrie Tomlinson
    Frontier Retrievers
    Young Guns: Frontier's True Grit With a Cause "Rooster" and Frontier's Gossip Girl With A Cause "Gabby"

In Memory:

The dog in my avatar is a Rebel son. He is a GMHR, SH, MH and QAA. He is by far the smartest, easiest to train lab we have ever had. He has sired many wonderful pups, many who have earned their MH and GMHR titles. Bear, like Rebel would run as fast on a blind as he did on a mark. He would sleep in his cage until time to go to the line, he would come out of his cage give a big stretch than you better hang on. He was trained (mostly on the weekends ) and handled by my husband.
    Bears dam was AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 02-11-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    The dog in my avatar is a Rebel son. He is a GMHR, SH, MH and QAA. He is by far the smartest, easiest to train lab we have ever had. He has sired many wonderful pups, many who have earned their MH and GMHR titles. Bear, like Rebel would run as fast on a blind as he did on a mark. He would sleep in his cage until time to go to the line, he would come out of his cage give a big stretch than you better hang on. He was trained (mostly on the weekends ) and handled by my husband.
    Bears dam was AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH.
    My "Rebel" would also sleep quietly in the dog box, and did the big stretch also after coming out of the box.
    Terrie Tomlinson
    Frontier Retrievers

In Memory:

Quote Originally Posted by 43x View Post
    The dog in my avatar is a Rebel bred dog, is 4yrs old now. She is smart and was easy to train
    She's not vocal and steady in the blind. She's the best lab I've ever owned, runs a 300 yd cold blind same as a mark. I'd buy another pup from a Rebel strain in a minute
    I have a 4 year old Rebel dog as well. What bitch is yours out of, just curious. Mine is in my avatar as well. He weighs 94 lbs and he runs his blinds so hard it is like trying to stop a freight train. but he is fantastic marker.