The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turkey Hunting in Oregon this spring

Quote Originally Posted by labsforme View Post
    I'll try to get some more pictures of Porsche for you this week.
    See you next weekend,

Jeff

Yes please!! We are so looking forward that!!!

Thanks for all your advice, guys! Very much appreciated! I have organized a hunt with a very experienced guide. I hope we'll catch something
    But if not it is still going to be a great day, hanging out with my dad and doing what we both like most!

I hunt the Medford area every year. It is tough to get started as it is not easy to figure out what area is open to public access and what is not. A place to start is the JACMA road closures. These areas are open for walk-in hunting. The maps are available through Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife or Oregon State Police.
    If this is your first turkey adventure, I would encourage you to look at obtaining the services of a guide such as those at the Big K ranch. Turkey hunting is not easy and using a guide for a day or two will help you learn the ropes much quicker.
    Randy

PS... oops it looks like you have already obtained the services of a guide. Good Luck to you and your dad!
    Last edited by Klamath Hunting Gold; 02-28-2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: additional comment
    Randy Hand
    Semper Klamath River Amber Ale** (Amber)
    Klamath's Heartbreak Kid (Valentino)

1. Don't move- turkeys have excellent eyesight.
    2. Ain where the feathers and the skin of the neck meet. Shotguns typically pattern high and this will put more shot on the kill zone. Pattern your gun first, aim once at the head of a turkey and then aim at where I suggest. You'll see what I mean.
    3. Be prepared to give up all your other spring time hobbies. Turkey hunting is addictive!