Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double TT British

Default Double TT British

Looking for some general size of females from TT British Labs
    Looking real hard at a March/April breeding for a yellow lab
    Just curious of size @ Lbs

brittish females and american females and what ever kind of labrador female all have size and weight variations, most lab females should be between 50 and 75 lbs but why are you so set on TT British Labs?
    Justin E Schneider

Xtreme's 30 Rounds N' 1 Full Maggie SH
    Foundation's One Up the Sleeve

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." -- Josh Billings

Some peoples stiffest competition is themselves.--MooseGooser

Standard for Labrador Retrievers as follows:

Dogs - 65lbs -80lbs
    This is the standard for all Labradors.
    Females - 55lbs - 70lbs

I was there just in December. Which bitch in particular?

His dogs are average sized. So, bigger than a lot of Milner's, but still probably a little small compared to most American FT breedings. Of course, you can get a huge range of size out of the same liter... I'm only speaking in generalizations.

Edit**

And watch out for the hijacks... "Why do you want to get a dog from TT?" will be followed by a massive thread on UK vs American, or +r vs. -, or health clearances, or whatever. Here it comes..
    Last edited by Bartona500; 02-12-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    -Barton Ramsey

Justin
    Thanks I have some awareness of size and weight variations based on Stud and Dams but am also aware that certain Kennels have breeding characteristics that are sometimes similar
    While certain "american " lab breeders look for drive ,and ability in breed so to do the "British" but the size variations within a breeders kennel may have a "general" look ie. more leggy, broad chested ,blocky heads based on their "pool" of breeder dogs
    This is just a general question that may have been been better phrased
    As for TT British Lab not sure I am "so set"but very interested and obtaining information

Thanks for the response

Thanks-- Barton offered what I thought was the "general" size issue

Barton I tried to send you a PM but I am too new to forum to be allowed to do so

Richard, great that you are looking into Double TT brits, Haynes Floyd puts a lot of love and caring into his breeding program. I have trained probably 12 TT females, almost all of these have been in the 50 - 60 pound range, one barely hit 45 lbs. By AKC standards, Haynes females are on the small side of the standard. Most of the dogs I have worked with are 6 months to 1 1/2 years of age.
    All the Double TT dogs I have had in, have shown good/great drive and desire, a willingness to work and have shown a love of retrieving . I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Gordy Weigel; 02-12-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Didnt want to upset anyone was just wondering i like to know what people like in a kennel it gives me an idea of what makes a person wants to keep bringing there dogs back or why certain kennels always have waiting lists for pups
    Justin E Schneider

Xtreme's 30 Rounds N' 1 Full Maggie SH
    Foundation's One Up the Sleeve

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." -- Josh Billings

Some peoples stiffest competition is themselves.--MooseGooser

Again Thanks to all It was really appreciated I am doing my "homework" on my next pup --- making short list --Duckhill , TT British, and Hunt test/FT dog from a known breeding

There is a long 3-6 month( or longer) window from time of deposit to pick up so doing what I can now to make decision and get on a list and in line for yellow female choice

There is no CORRECT answer only one that I FEEL most meets my and my family desires at the time All my choices are quality and respected Each has differing qualities and traits But collecting info from all here is invaluable

I have a Double T bitch who is just over 6 months old. She weighs 40 lbs. She will likely top out right around 50. From the bitches I have seen at the kennel and out of TT, lower 50s is the norm. My bitch's dam was 47 lbs. I specifically asked the breeder about sizes of dams and sires when I was picking a litter, because I wanted a small dog.

As far as the kennel, I did pretty thorough reference checking and calling before I chose a breeder/litter. I have been nothing but pleased with the decision.

I would be happy to talk with you on the phone or via PM about my experience so far.